Home loans??????????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Soooooooo,

Am looking for a home loan guys, I know i I have a few ****s...I mean mortgage lenders and bank managers here, so looking for some earnest advice.

Should we go for what I am thinking

Rams or Aussie

or go directly to the banks. Your honest and speedy advice would be appreciated.

Dan

Dan I am with Homepath. They are a commbank subsiduary.

Good rates because they dont have branches, its all online and they are backed by a large Aussie bank so no problem as far as sub prime issues that you get with Rams and Aussie. Stay well clear of Rams is my advice.

The service from Homepath has been nothing short of sensational. Whenever I call I tend to get the same person (over a year still) which is great.

I'm with Wizard..... But Ryan sure is a c**t worth talking too.

And Mellonhead may be able to help you out as well.

I am with NAB, although no real advice from my end.  I guess they will all screw you in the end.

RAMS has gone bust and is now owned by Westpac and Aussie's own products are useless as they reply on 100% funding from markets which have essentially closed or if they can obtain funds are very expensive (and the consumer pays of course).

Rather than approach the Bank's direct send me an e-mail for what you are looking at doing and I will provide you with some info.     

clontaago link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=177056.msg179155#msg179155 date=1205202696]

I'm still waiting for my All Black....
[/quote]

Are they called "all blacks" now?

clontaago link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=177056.msg179155#msg179155 date=1205202696]

I'm still waiting for my All Black....
[/quote]  LOL  He hasn't even switched codes! 

advice i will give you is read everything in details and expect mistakes. Tookey helped us out and seemed to know his stuff.

Also i would recommend a solicitor rather than a conveyencer, i have some friends who wished they had.

As for which solicitors, up to you but hopium is a few hundred cheaper than most apparently and didnt stuff ours up, nor ours friends. Pm me if you want the contact details.

The problem is I am buying in QLD rather than NSW and need a solicitor who knows their QLD laws.

But if she can help I would be more than happy to accept it.

Dan

Sorry Fluff but have to disagree there. I have bought a couple of places now and have used a conveyancor on every occasion. Total cost was about $400, had a solicitor tell us it would be around the $1000 mark.

Conveyancing is also quite straight forward. You dont have to be a genius to read your way through and understand a purchase agreement.  

Dan link said:
The problem is I am buying in QLD rather than NSW and need a solicitor who knows their QLD laws.

But if she can help I would be more than happy to accept it.

Dan

http://www.conveyancingworks.com.au/

I dont disagree that a conveyancer is cheaper but they defeinatly **** up more often. You can get quite burnt if they **** up. That said im sure there are plenty of good ones out there and there are solicitors that **** it up as well but you have to way up the added risk. I was purely speaking from experiences with my friends, out of the 4 people/couples that have purchased the only **** up was the conveyancor, cost them more than the difference in costs. I dont expect Dan to just take my word but use the general responces to help his descisions.

As for qld laws ill ask but you may be right Dan, certainly some of the schemes etc are different.

You definately need to use someone from QLD either a solicitor or conveyancer.

Usually the agent you purchase from will recommend someone and they are usually Ok as the agent doesn;t want their purchase stuffed up in any way.

Once they do give you a name then call another couple of well known agents in the area (Ray White etc) to get their recomendations as well to see if they refer the same people.

It all depends on when we get a place.

A place we want goes to Auction next weekend and settles 30 days after so anytime within there but the hope and aim is to move up in or around october

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6