Honest opinions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
There's starting to be a little narkiness between some posters here - actually narkiness is kinda standard but telling someone to go support Parra? Crossed the line! - so I thought I'd start a thread where we can just lay out our honest beliefs on the usual topics . Done. Me -
Tooves - may not have been the most innovative coach but the knives were out before season start and he'd had nothing but **** to navigate prior to that. He deserved to finish his contract.
Barrett - know nothing of his coaching ability and feel sorry for him having to navigate the higher ups. Will support him.
Joe Kelly - not up to the job but not sure he's had the opportunity to be his own man in it. Albury showed us how he wanted to go and he was shut down.
Bozo - may be too old. Compared to Gould's approach when he came to Penrith, Bozo's approach seems unenlightened. Would feel more positive if the joint weren't awash with Fultons, Lussicks, Hopoates.
The Penns - in it for Real Estate wins - sale of Leagues Club, 30 storey plan for Brookie. I have no real sense that they are even Manly fans.
Zorba - the rotten core. Vengeance be his middle name.
The team - love 'em to bits, whoever pulls on the Mighty Sea Eagles jumper!!!!
Be interested to hear others' honest opinions.
Play nice now kids.

I am still of the belief Joe is doing things. He did DCE's deal, his name has come up in other things it's just not front and centre and doesn't carry the same weight as Bozo's. People can say he ****ed up the signings to begin with but Penn is the one that said both would be signed by Christmas which gave Joe **** all time to do it once he started. I think Penn has messed more up with stupid statements than Joe has.

As for your Bozo/Gould comparison, Gould may come across as a more modern operator, but his 5 year plan has gone to ****. Kind of like Parra's 2 premierships by 2020 lol.

As for the Penn family - the real estate ends with the leagues club. They won't even have legal ownership of Brookie.

Very fair article Budgewoi . As fans we should not be frightened to debate the things above as long as people respect others opinions.

We have been so lucky over the last decade to see a winning team and now that it's over people are rightly concerned about a lot of things going on at the club.

The Penn's have the right to run the club their way and it's their investment that keeps us afloat.

We learnt of their ambitions earlier this year for the club which was great but there has been very little communication of late. I really hope that improves.

It is vital that the club start 2016.on the front foot and leave behind the dysfunction and dislocation that has scarred our club.

We might have differing opinions from time to time but in the end we all love the club and want it to.be successful ongoing.

Our board saved our FARKEN ass's from a long rebuilding phase with out DCE but they have done really we'll to keep us in the race for a premiership. Brookie well buy the place, take em to court come on stop feeding the media and keep things private. Barret wouldn't have been brought into this job if he wasn't good, manly is one of the toughest jobs in the league so give him a break until u see his results. Parra is becoming the parramatta sea eagles.

Being retired, and owning a ****load of shares ( worth a lot less today than they were six months ago) I'm bombarded with emails from each company, who now email everything to save money on postage.

Every single company informs me of their future plans, why they have made certain decisions and where they think they are headed. Telstra is a good example of this , their shareholder communications are some of the best.

Now I do admit they are all public companies, Penn Sport isn't but the theory is the same.

The lack of communications, apart from team announcements and a link to the post match interview is glaringly obvious, and to me this , during an enormous period of change just doesn't cut the mustard.

Anyway as to your points,

2V, gone but never forgotten ( and yes perhaps there was a point in making a change, if so tell us ).

TB, only time will tell but has there ever been a coach under more pressure and even before he's started the job?.

Joe Kelly, operating under instructions, which he forgot about in Albury and that will never happen again ( speaking out of turn or turning up for a fan day).

ZtH, who knows ( maybe Beau Ryan might), if his revenge is complete, I think only Donny Singe is left and I believe he might be on the way out as well, if so there's no one left to knife .........I hope!

Mr Fluffy & Co, look without their money we currently wouldn't have a club, and they are entitled to spend it as they wish, as to where we are headed with them in charge who knows ( as Beau again).

All we can hope for is immediate success in 2016, if we are say 6/8 after the first two months all will be good, however if we are 1/8 or worse 0/8 after two months then the gates of hell will truly be open.

*** No one moves forward when they dwell on to the bitter past ***
*** without a positive outlook No one can have a bright future ***
12036422_10153408401804425_5738093159587121136_n.png

Last edited:
Other than Trent Barrett , John Cartwright and Anthony Seibold do we know who else on the Coaching Staff. Seib's will go well and he's a good bloke I know him from up here at Rockhampton.

We apparantly also have signed Dan Ferris as out strength and conditioning coach.

He is currently with the titnas who don't impress as being anything special in regards to strength of condtioning.

No idea why we have signed him and if we lose Donny because of it fans are going ot be pissed

We apparantly also have signed Dan Ferris as out strength and conditioning coach.

He is currently with the titnas who don't impress as being anything special in regards to strength of condtioning.

No idea why we have signed him and if we lose Donny because of it fans are going ot be pissed

There is No One better in the Business than Donny

I actually think the Titans look fit, strong, and healthy; they just simply lack the talent to win football games on a consistent basis. They also seem to be able to keep the nucleus of their top squad on the field for most of the year, so welcome aboard Dan Ferris. Donny will be able to do his usual work with another pair of eyes and that's a good thing.

I am honestly excited about next year. Barrett may not be tested but he strikes me as a pretty intelligent bloke and he hasn't gone down the media path which he could easily have so you know coaching is his main ambition. There's a steel in him, maybe blue steel but I would be very surprised if he isn't successful.

I love Tooves and am shattered at the way he was treated. He did an incredible job for his club as coach under ridiculous conditions. Moving Gift on was the right call. Making watmough leave was a master stroke. But dummy half was a real issue for us and why we wwant so poorly for the start of the season until Ballin got a rocket up him. Not all players get to leave on their own terms it's only champions that do. We have three champions in our team in Lyon snake and DCE.

I worry about matai and I worry about playing hiku on the wing. I think Steve only has one more season in him. If Lyon plays five eighth then we will see hiku shine. Dummy half will be sorted next year with an influx of youth speed and talent. We really really missed Jamie Buhrer last year. Myles will be an excellent buy and Lussick will know it's time to step up. The kid could have been an international by now if he didn't head to Parra.

Pissed off that Gutherson is leaving. But those are the breaks. Tafua was outstanding toward the end of the year and injury free.

Our twenties are in the GF for the fist time since its been semi professional. There are more traboievics and hoppas coming.

The board stuff will settle down and I hope Bozo can shut Zorba up and down.

The future is bright. DCE will be Daly M medalist next year. Foran will be busted and in blue and gold.

Jack Bird equals top four finish. Otherwise we make the eight.

A restive off season with plenty of time for combinations to gel.

go Manly.

Sorry not as concise as three word summaries but wanted to contribute.

I am honestly excited about next year. Barrett may not be tested but he strikes me as a pretty intelligent bloke and he hasn't gone down the media path which he could easily have so you know coaching is his main ambition. There's a steel in him, maybe blue steel but I would be very surprised if he isn't successful.

I love Tooves and am shattered at the way he was treated. He did an incredible job for his club as coach under ridiculous conditions. Moving Gift on was the right call. Making watmough leave was a master stroke. But dummy half was a real issue for us and why we wwant so poorly for the start of the season until Ballin got a rocket up him. Not all players get to leave on their own terms it's only champions that do. We have three champions in our team in Lyon snake and DCE.

I worry about matai and I worry about playing hiku on the wing. I think Steve only has one more season in him. If Lyon plays five eighth then we will see hiku shine. Dummy half will be sorted next year with an influx of youth speed and talent. We really really missed Jamie Buhrer last year. Myles will be an excellent buy and Lussick will know it's time to step up. The kid could have been an international by now if he didn't head to Parra.

Pissed off that Gutherson is leaving. But those are the breaks. Tafua was outstanding toward the end of the year and injury free.

Our twenties are in the GF for the fist time since its been semi professional. There are more traboievics and hoppas coming.

The board stuff will settle down and I hope Bozo can shut Zorba up and down.

The future is bright. DCE will be Daly M medalist next year. Foran will be busted and in blue and gold.

Jack Bird equals top four finish. Otherwise we make the eight.

A restive off season with plenty of time for combinations to gel.

go Manly.

Sorry not as concise as three word summaries but wanted to contribute.
One or two more BIG forwards + Bird and I'll have a sneaky punt on us to win. Last time I did that was 2011@;)

I've come up with 3 word summaries for each...
Tooves - Unfairly jilted legend.
Barrett - Under pressure already.
Joe Kelly - The Penn's stooge.
Bozo - Legend playing politics.
The Penns - Possibly hidden motives.
Zorba - Fat and vindictive.
You could score a job as A.J. Abbott's strategic communications guru. It clearly worked for him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4