Hoppa and the loss of Kearny

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phoenix

Reserve Grader
Just putting it out there, what do you think hoppa's reaction to Kearney's sacking will be? After all wasnt Kearny one of the reasons he signed?

Would care about it one bit.

It's all about the money for some, and good luck to him.

Hoppa wouldn't care who's coaching them, the reason the Hopoate family signed with Parra was for the $800,000+ a year.
At the time, he left Hasler for Kearney, who was going to improve his game?
Saying that you signed with another club because of the coach is a smokescreen for saying you really signed up for the cash

I think after 2 years without any money, he'll be very eager to start at the Eels and get paid. I'd love to have him back but he's got a contract that players only dream of.... and we couldn't afford even the $500,000 we offered him before. We got a great year from him and he was a big part of the Premiership, so move on.

manlyfan76 said:
Hoppa, that's so last year guys. he is gone and won't even be playing next year

Exactly & it will be very tough for him to set the comp alight in 2014 after such a long lay off.

Mals said:
manlyfan76 said:
Hoppa, that's so last year guys. he is gone and won't even be playing next year

Exactly & it will be very tough for him to set the comp alight in 2014 after such a long lay off.

Let's not forget that he set the competition alight because he was in a grand final winning side and getting great service from his inside players and forwards.
Parra might be a different kettle of fish

We are without doubt missing hoppa more than any player.

I think Brett's missed 5-6 games and we have won 2 of those games.

Last year hoppa slotted in so well for Brett then went back to the wing.

Jorge shows alot of promise but we have allowed tries on his wing that hoppa would of stopped.

However there's a massive question mark on how he will comeback from his mission.

Phoenix said:
Just putting it out there, what do you think hoppa's reaction to Kearney's sacking will be? After all wasnt Kearny one of the reasons he signed?

Halleluja. Praise the lord!!

Daddycool said:
I think after 2 years without any money, he'll be very eager to start at the Eels and get paid.

Two years without money - strange that Hoppa Senior bought a brand new Mercedes SUV late last year? Didnt realise night club bouncers could afford that type of car

meh

he'll say he found a golden tablet that only he can translate and it said stay at parra

Forget Stuart as coach for the eels wouldn't Hoppa Snr be a breath of fresh air as the eels coach...

Phantar said:
Phoenix said:
Forget Stuart as coach for the eels wouldn't Hoppa Snr be a breath of fresh air as the eels coach...

The press conferences would be short, sharp affairs.

Wonder how he'd feel about being probed by the media constantly.....his book title will be "Crouching tiger, hidden finger"

I think Hoppa could end up in a world of angry Parra fans if they keep struggling and he isnt setting the world on fire. Alot of pressure when your on that kind of coin just ask Jennings and Sandow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4