Hoppa, Foran, DCE and co?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
We have an abundance of talent coming through and if we can keep hoppa it will be a bonus. Having said that I would firstly lock up Foran and DCE on long term contracts as quality halves are much harder to replace.

Hoppa doesn't seem to be greedy and I'm optimistic about him re-signing with reports that the salary cap will be increased when the new TV deal is struck. But if he decides to go elsewhere then we'll just have to wear it. We need to also lock up players like Buhrer, Oldfield and the young talent coming through plus we need to extend the contracts of our current stars that the club wants to keep.

We have a few players coming to the end of their careers and we need to replace those player with quality players whether it's within our ranks or from other clubs.

We've poached plenty of players over the years and unfortunately with the salary cap as it stands and the success of the club it comes at a price. A succesful club will always lose players because the players value increase and we can't fit all these players under the cap.

I hope the close relationship Hoppa has with Des will sway him to stay but we can't throw megabucks at one player and lose 3 or 4.

I suppose there will be disappointments but that's the nature of the game these days. We'll just have to wait and see what unfolds but we have the talent to be a very succesful club for a very long time.

We've been spoiled and have hardly missed the finals for years as compared with teams like souffs and parra who have been dismal failures.

Our club has come a long way and for a club to have this much success after nearly folding a few years ago will make us the envy of just about every other club in the NRL.

I'm just happy the Manly/Waringah Rugby League Club is still in the NRL, everything after that is a bonus. We have gone from ****house to penthouse in a very short time and we need to keep things in perspective. The club seems to know what they're doing.

We will throw big money to keep Hoppa as he will take over the centre position from killer when he retires and we can use his contract money for Hoppa.

Agree with a lot of that swoop, particularly about Manly's success. A bad year for us is finishing 6th-8th. I'd say around half the clubs would consider that a good season.

Foran and dce are together for atleast this year and 2 more. Let's see how dce goes with second year syndrome. It's best to give him a few strong forwards to make his job a but easier next year. I think trex is up for renewal, along with buhrer as our next targets, not sure how much longer oldfield and whare are signed for, but they should be next on the list.

As I understand it we have either signed or are about to sign an agreement with Hoppa which gives us the final option when he returns in 2 years, We can't ask for more than that from the young bloke.

I think hoppa is worth the mega bucks, it would not have been a close game against parra if he was playing.

I'm sure they'll offer hoppa as much as they can when the time comes; it's obvious to all he's in the world class category already. of course, it's always a risk, and who knows what the 2 yrs will do to his head, but it would be worth the risk to sign him up; big bucks have been spent on players with less potential than him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6