Hoppa /Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
First the good news:

Read in the tele that Lowey is set to announce a major sponsor before he leaves. The company is normally associated with AFL. They are also in talks with Sanyo who are set to ditch Penriff, although this may change with "Bee sting face" becoming involved.

Not so good:

They also said that we are $500k in the red and mondays crowd didn't help.

Bad News:

They also mentioned that the mail is getting strong that Hoppa is off to the Eels and that his management is really impressed with Kearney

[/u]

Your all playing with fire. A poster here (I think its Ralph ?) has said a thousand emphatic times that Hoppa is either staying or becoming a missionary.

Look, if Hoppa goes, we'll live with that. Oldfield is good and getting better. If he stays then that's good. In my humble opinion, Hoppa's career will nose dive out West where egos seem to be the primary driving source. Look at the big heads that have been swollen, and then deflated, at Parramatta. The kid's only 18, and if Kearney gets him he'll drive what talent there he has into the turf. Des knows how to foster talent without drying it up through overuse. Having a major sponsor is really good news.

Good news on the sponsor, AFL teams are usually sponsored by big name companies.
I had a feeling that Hoppa would give the Eels a thought, especially after being in city camp with Hayne and Mannah last week.
It wouldn't be the end of the world and we could focus and securing our other youngsters, If we paid overs for Hoppa we would probably lose Buhrer,Oldfield etc.

bones said:
I'd rather Hoppa stay and no major sponsor, than a major sponsor and Hoppa go.

agreed... & liked...

hoppa should wait until oct to say wether he is or not .. everytime we get on a roll in this place ,contracts have to fuk us up.. happend with mona, then with hodgo,, before that matai ..

next time the club sees talent sign the 15 yr old on a f**n 6yrs contract atleast he stays with us till he is 21 , he cant go nowhere.. at 15 on a 6yr deal would have been peanuts compared to now..

& how much money have parra got?? they are not shedding no one..
then my mate tells me they are chasing SBW also..

bhot said:
I'm trying to figure out why his management would be "impressed" with Kearney.

Probably because he has a bag full of cash. If he does go I'm sure we will all read about how it wasn't about the money, but the "opportunity"...

Im sorry but the only people that would actually know what Hoppa is going to do is Hoppa himself and his manager ect, im sure he has not even made his own mind up yet. Speculation on this subject is pointless.

IF he does sign somewhere else i guess that will leave some cash to buy a decent prop?

fmd the rumour mill is in overdrive at the moment..

will prob only get more until Hoppa signs.. i've still got a good feeling he'll stay with Manly

parra are f**d, they're weak.. kearney isn't a shade on Hasler and manly's system

Hayne is a cat.. he lies down/headbutts, hes a protected, pretentious cat and parra are just throwing money at players to pull a half decent side together

eagles2win said:
There's an article in the Tele that says Hoppa's close to signing with us....

Yes the article in the Telegraph that I think Sheikheagle is referring to to me indicates that Hoppa is closer to "quitting the game for the next two years to undertake Mormon missionary work overseas" or if not then signing with us.

Yes, Rumour Mill. Hoppa will stay with us and likes to wear womens underwear while at home.

eagles2win said:
There's an article in the Tele that says Hoppa's close to signing with us....
also slime are trying to re-sign Joel Reddy too who funny enough is being linked to the (how much money do they have) dogs

Urgent press conference at 12.15 today.

Media release states "The conference centres around one of the game’s rising stars and his immediate future.
The player concerned will be in attendance."

Sounds like Hoppa is staying to me!!! Fingers crossed.

Blowfly said:
Urgent press conference at 12.15 today.

Media release states "The conference centres around one of the game’s rising stars and his immediate future.
The player concerned will be in attendance."

Sounds like Hoppa is staying to me!!! Fingers crossed.

Source?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6