hoppa vs t rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hmmm , im a t rex supportter,but i also think that he hasnt exactly lived up to expectations expected of him as yet and am still trying to be patient in waiting,but have i waited long enough i ask myself ? Is there any way we could let this guy go to keep Hoppa Jnr?In my view we have to many talented youngsters coming through that in a way it seems like the coaching and recruitment staff have possibly underestimated their talents.The way that hoppa is going ,he will be a superstar and i would be gutted to lose him to the dogs or elsewhere,we need to build for the future,we have some very talented young players and it would be a shame to see them lost to another club or even not get enough games in first grade for manly just because the powers that be seem to think they have to remain faithfull to players such as t rex just because theyre on such large salaries?
Catch my drift?
THOUGHTS?

It all depends on the price. If it comes down to being T-Rex or Hoppa then Hoppa should win out everytime. Doubtful that the club would let it hinge on that though.

Honestly, maybe one or two people here on the site would know the approx. value of some of the guy's contracts. Unless there are any players/managers/MWSE football admin among us here, no one can say for sure who should stay &/or go. We simply don't know what price the players in question will fetch on the open market.

In regards to T-Rex & Hoppa though, we should try to keep both. Hoppa already looks like he will be a staple of the MWSE backline for many seasons to come & T-Rex has the potential to do the same in the forwards. I'd rather see the club roll the dice & watch some experienced player leave for fat retirement contracts rather than hang onto one or two of them & let some juniors go as a result.

It's better to let a player go a year too early rather than a year too late.

I haven't been able to judge T-Rex as a forward yet, but I hate his attempt (if you can call it that) at playing as a centre/winger.. If we could be guaranteed he'd play as a back for a rival team in the NRL, I'd do everything to get him out of our club!

Not only is Hoppa better then Trex but Oldfield and Buhrer are too. I don't know what Trex is on but letting him go would have to help us keep these young guys.

I think most of the Manly supporters would side with Hoppa if it was a decision that had to be made. Williams I think still has not fully developed as a player and it is one of those things where if we let him go will he really blossom or has Des already gotten his best out of him and that is what we are going to get. Hoppa is a champion of the future.

the internets.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDC429NLQQ

Awaiting the next thread, Kite vs Oldfield.

Then Buhrer vs Snake.

Very funny indeed.

Approx figures Hoppa is currently on about 90k a year, T-Rex about 200k. Hoppa's current price tag is based on being a junior and being on a development contract. His market value now is probably around the price we are paying T-Rex. Bulldogs interest may drive his price even higher.

Captain of the Gate said:
Approx figures Hoppa is currently on about 90k a year, T-Rex about 200k. Hoppa's current price tag is based on being a junior and being on a development contract. His market value now is probably around the price we are paying T-Rex. Bulldogs interest may drive his price even higher.

From memory Hoppa isn't even in our to 25 atm. As far as I'm aware he is still on the initial 3 year contract he signed which had him in our 2nd tier cap outside the top 25. According to reports at the time is was a 3 year/$300k contract (that's $100k per year for the mathematically challenged).

According to a report I saw on Bigpond news, young Hoppa wants $175k per season to stay with us. So automatically to keep him we need to cut someone from out top 25 and find an extra $75k from somewhere.

Masked Eagle said:
Captain of the Gate said:

From memory Hoppa isn't even in our to 25 atm. As far as I'm aware he is still on the initial 3 year contract he signed which had him in our 2nd tier cap outside the top 25. According to reports at the time is was a 3 year/$300k contract (that's $100k per year for the mathematically challenged).

According to a report I saw on Bigpond news, young Hoppa wants $175k per season to stay with us. So automatically to keep him we need to cut someone from out top 25 and find an extra $75k from somewhere.

If that is true then it shouldn't be a problem signing him up. He is definately warranting that sort of money with his performances thus far, and we have a number of players off contract that can be moved on in order to free up that money.

With Hoppa and Oldfield demanding first grade spots with their performances (and Stewart, Lyon and Matai locking up the full time 1, 3 and 4 positions), then it seems obvious that we need to lose Robbo and/or Wolfman, who both negotiated decent contracts after the premiership win. I would prefer to just lose one as our backline is prone to spending time on the sideline and it would be nice to have some depth. However, at the moment we have 7 first grade quality players to fill 5 positions.

Strange thread when you see Big Tony running in the forwards. Why the comparison with Hoppa? He's a back the last time I noticed. T is on the bench. I'd think Des is coaching him up to be a front rower.

So let’s say BS never gets back to his best and in 12 games he gets an offer OS and it becomes a choice between WH and BS - who would you keep? the promising youngster or the very talented yet very injury plagued manly champion?

I’m interested in what people choice would be, if it ment we could keep more of the youngsters coming through.

Read my posts Jesus, we'll keep everyone we want to keep. Des and Crusher have done a magic job to get the team we have, and they'll keep everyone they really want.

DSM5 said:
Read my posts Jesus, we'll keep everyone we want to keep. Des and Crusher have done a magic job to get the team we have, and they'll keep everyone they really want.

Agree 100%

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4