Hoppa was a passenger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was at the game and hoppa was gone after 20 minutes. The most disturbing thing was he tried to come from the field at the 25th min, and the manly trainer gave him one of the biggest sprays iv ever seen.
Hoppa couldn't even walk and was made 2 stay out there. It will be interesting to see the extent of his injury. Can't believe they kept him on till well into the 2nd half. In effect we were playing with 12 for most of the match.
People bagging the kid have got short memories,and should pull their heads in.

Chip and chase pull your head in champ! Calling Hoppa soft is a disgrace. He's far from soft mate,scored a try last week diving head first into boots flying everywhere. The courage he's shown diffusing bombs this year also been a standout.
His form may be down, but to call him soft is just a low act. The kids 19 for fuk sake,playing the toughest game in the world! No need for personal attacks on our young players.
And Sheikheagle comparing him to Soward, uv got to be kidding!

the mauler said:
I was at the game and hoppa was gone after 20 minutes. The most disturbing thing was he tried to come from the field at the 25th min, and the manly trainer gave him one of the biggest sprays iv ever seen.
Hoppa couldn't even walk and was made 2 stay out there. It will be interesting to see the extent of his injury. Can't believe they kept him on till well into the 2nd half. In effect we were playing with 12 for most of the match.

Chip and chase pull your head in champ! Calling Hoppa soft is a disgrace. He's far from soft mate,scored a try last week diving head first into boots flying everywhere. The courage he's shown diffusing bombs this year also been a standout.
His form may be down, but to call him soft is just a low act. The kids 19 for fuk sake,playing the toughest game in the world! No need for personal attacks on our young players.

He probarly thought he was doing the right thing by getting off so he wasnt a burden on hes team mates and let tries in.He thought maybe burier or williams would have been more safer for the team....

the mauler said:

Couldn't even walk ? Did a pretty good impression of it when jogging to the sideline to replace himself. Also did a fair bit of 'walking' after that 20 minute mark. And do you not think that they would have assessed him at halftime and had the injury been serious they wouldn't have sent him back out there ? OK the 'soft' call may have been a bit harsh, you do tend to forget he is only a kid. But Mauler let's not get overly dramatic about the extent of his injury.

Des said he was not injured at the press conference, a slight cork near the knee and will be right for certain next week.

Everyones entitled an opinion Chip and Chase and to bag someone bout their form is fair enough. But to bag a young kid and call him soft is over stepping the mark 4 mine.

the mauler said:
Everyones entitled an opinion Chip and Chase and to bag someone bout their form is fair enough. But to bag a young kid and call him soft is over stepping the mark 4 mine.

disagree

I wouldnt say he is soft but he set a pretty high standard for himself before Origin/injury/mormon mission anouncement and has not lived up to those standards since.

Latest report just in Mauler

"NSW State of Origin representative Will Hopoate is expected to be fit for next weekend's clash with Canterbury after jarring his knee at Parramatta Stadium"

Let's just say he's not in the running for the Johhny Sattler award and leave it at that.

Fit or not next week I still think we need Wolf back in there but only if the guy is going to last. Fair dinkum he needs to get some serious game time or his future will be shaky.

Chip and Chase said:

"NSW State of Origin representative Will Hopoate is expected to be fit for next weekend's clash with Canterbury after jarring his knee at Parramatta Stadium"

Let's just say he's not in the running for the Johhny Sattler award and leave it at that.

I bet that injury report brought a smile to ur face Chip and Chase. Also good to see that youve ended ur post with another jibe 'the John Sattler award.' If crap comments like that float your boat so be it. Let's leave it at that...

I'll stay away from the sniping but to me he definatly wasn't interested on Sat night.

His forms way down on where it was a couple of months ago but i suppose you can't blame him......made his mind up early that he didn't want to play for the next few years, then played Origin, then got injured.

To me he just looks like Footy's the last thing on his mind atm

If that's the case mate leave him in the reggies, the last thing we need at this time of the year is a player whom isn't committed 110%

Especially as Wolfman appears to chomp at the bit when given opportunity.

People forget Wolfman / Robbo were the wing combination in the world record grand final victory just a few years ago.

I'm sorry, I love Hoppa. He shows plenty of potential, but lets face it, player for player, Wolfman has it all over Hopoate, at the moment. As others have alluded to, Hoppa is already on his mission.

Yeah i would give Hoppa a week off and bring back the Wolfman. His form has been better than Hoppas the last few games he played.

dowdz said:
Yeah i would give Hoppa a week off and bring back the Wolfman. His form has been better than Hoppas the last few games he played.

With this form I'm hoping we bring back Oldfield in place of Hopoate, give Wolf one more week off

the mauler said:
Chip and Chase said:

I bet that injury report brought a smile to ur face Chip and Chase. Also good to see that youve ended ur post with another jibe 'the John Sattler award.' If crap comments like that float your boat so be it. Let's leave it at that...

Apology accepted...let's move on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8