hoppa ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mudgeagle

Reserve Grader
:eek:k who of us is now worried about losing young hoppa ? the way i see it he is now the best young player not signed up for next year, the dogs will be trying to get him as well as a few others , remember we lost albert hoppa a few years ago when he was a junior and everyone thought he would stay local , i know he never went on but they were all saying he would stay because of family links , my thoughts time to get rid of a few old ones and maybe a couple of the next rung down but who ? for me whare , rose , cross , would be the 1st ones but we will struggle to keep the ones we want and buy a big name ....

I was fearing the Dogs would go for him but apparently their number 1 target is James Graham. That said on the Bulldogs forums Hoppa Jnr is rated VERY highly. We need to keep him!!!

Players want to be at Manly. Never forget that. The odd promising youngster such as JWH or Hodko will get lured away with big offers, good luck to them. Others will take their place and get to play for the mighty Sea Eagles.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Players want to be at Manly. Never forget that. The odd promising youngster such as JWH or Hodko will get lured away with big offers, good luck to them. Others will take their place and get to play for the mighty Sea Eagles.

Well said SER8

We never lose players we want 2 keep. Especially local jnrs. Hoppa will be in manly colours 4 the next decade!

How good is Jamil hopoate looking as well for a young kid, would love to see him and William in manly colours at the same time although Jamil is a few years off.

Jonesyv2 said:
How good is Jamil hopoate looking as well for a young kid, would love to see him and William in manly colours at the same time although Jamil is a few years off.

What about Johns other 23 son's? :D

Hopefully his dad will share some experiences about what it was like for him when he left Manly. I remember reading a long time ago that it was Hoppa Sr's biggest regret.

IMO, Hoppa, Buhrer, Foran, DCE, Wolfie and Oldfield give Manly the best group of young players in the NRL

bones said:
IMO, Hoppa, Buhrer, Foran, DCE, Wolfie and Oldfield give Manly the best group of young players in the NRL

Hard to beat that for sure. Especially when we have great young players like Lussick, Cunningham, Whare, Higgins & Riccardi all pushing for game time as well.

The club is very well placed to retain it's spot as one of the top teams (& hopefully make a few GF runs) in the coming years.

I think its seriously risky playing the loyalty card with Hoppa because of his old man. One thing we do know about the kid is family comes first and if the dollars are good enough where he thinks it can help his family more who knows if its not going to be a good enough temptation.

Whilst dollars are important the thing which other clubs might be able to promise him that we can't is a guaranteed first grade spot, no questions ask. And whilst if you took a poll amongst Manly supporters 99.9% of us would say he deserves to play in first grade there will be differing opinion of whose spot he takes, if its Robbo, Snakes, Wolfmans, Matai's. There is competition here and it could be a factor especially if other clubs are offering him a walk up start first grade spot in the position of his choosing, remember we've lost players in the past because they wanted to play in another position (Monas).

Are we in the box seat to sign him? Absolutely, but with his talent make no mistake every NRL Club would be seriously thinking about having a crack at him and just because his old man strapped the boots on for us guarantees nothing.

Sign him , put him in THE # 1 , Clear up some cash by moving the has beens....Sorry Snake - Its called natural selection..Eat or be ate ..

Yep lets sign him up by showing no loyalty to other players....because of course that will never happen to him....

WAMF said:
What about Johns other 23 son's? :D

Well take them all. Here is how Ryans future YART will look.

1. Hoppa
2. Hoppa
3. Hoppa
4. Hoppa
5. Hoppa
6. Hoppa
7. Hoppa
8. Hoppa
9. Hoppa
10. Hoppa
11. Hoppa
12. Hoppa
13. Hoppa

Bench full of Hoppas.
6 spare Hoppas

SeaEagleRock8 said:

JWH was nothing more than a mercenary. I recall his public statements about being grateful of the opportunity to leave Onion and join RL at Manly. He simply used us as a stepping stone to then seek & accept the best offer from any other NRL club that would stump up. He then promptly bagged us.

No chance Jatz, it will look like:

1. Hoppa
2. Hoppa
3. Hoppa
4. Hoppa
5. Cuthbo
6. Hoppa
7. Hoppa
8. Hoppa
9. Hoppa
10. Hoppa
11. Hoppa