Horo Charges.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

damiennp90

Bencher
Horo has be charged with dangerous contact. And will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea and 4 weeks if they fight it and loose. Just on the radio.
Manly loading.

That does not suprise me one bit from the nrl- if that was for any other team probably grade 1-2 at best with 1-2 weeks max on the sidelines

Half our team are now getting mini breaks this season. Maybe we may see our full strength team on the park this year

We can cover for Horo's lose- I would accept the 3 week ban and move on.

damiennp90 said:
Horo has be charged with dangerous contact. And will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea and 4 weeks if they fight it and loose. Just on the radio.
Manly loading.
Related article:

Horo facing up to four-week ban

By Dan Walsh, Staff Writer
NRL.com
2:07pm Mon 14th July, 2014

Sea Eagles second-rower Justin Horo faces at least three weeks on the sidelines for a crusher tackle in Manly's 40-8 win over the Tigers last Friday night.

With an early plea to a Grade 3 Dangerous Contact Charge, Horo will cop a three-match suspension for his 11th-minute tackle on Tigers fullback Mitch Moses, while an unsuccessful appeal would rub him out for a month in total.

Tigers skipper Robbie Farah was also charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw out of Friday night's clash, though he will be available for his side's Sunday afternoon showdown with the Bulldogs with an early guilty plea.

http://www.nrl.com/horo-facing-up-to-four-week-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/80218/default.aspx

Nothing on the NRL Judiciary News page at NRL.com as yet.

Manly loading or not, its nothing unexpected really as Horo has form at the judiciary. With Choc back his loss is covered, and we should get him back close to when Gifty returns for one last shot at the title with the champs ;)

What a crock. A big man tackled and a little sook who laid down for a penalty. For that he gets 3 weeks? I saw a Dogs player do more to a Storm player on Saturday night and there wasn't even a penalty.

This is up there as a season highlight with Jason King getting suspended for a week for doing nothing but making a tackle against the Tigers at Leichardt.

Grade 3 is ludicrous, Moses took a dive as one expects from a tiger. They should fight it for a downgrade

He definitely had a case to answer and deserved a suspension, but 3-4 weeks seems a little steep to me. 2-3 would have been more fitting. His record is Ok isn't it ? I don't think there are any carry overs or loadings in that are there ?

Chip and Chase said:
He definitely had a case to answer and deserved a suspension, but 3-4 weeks seems a little steep to me. 2-3 would have been more fitting. His record is Ok isn't it ? I don't think there are any carry overs or loadings in that are there ?

Agree, he bounced up pretty quick after his acting put him on report. Picked him up and slammed him down, didn't see a great deal of pressure, crunching his head and neck. Geez, there has been plenty of Manly hating loading this year.

And look at it as a chance for Horo to freshen up for the run home, and finals footy.

It was an ugly, unnecessary tackle.

3 or 4 weeks is a bit harsh for mine, too.

Maybe he can use this time to put down the x-box, stop watching nfl 24-7 and review some of his footage from last year where he and Foz actually had good chemistry going?

Now ferris is hitting the gaps a lot better.

It was like horo tackled him too easily, so he picked the kid up again so he could re-tackle him.

Wonder if hoz will be back in 1sts after watmough and Glenn return.

I hate that sand bagging type tackle. Inglis and Hodges both do it and it's dangerous as. It's a serious neck injury waiting to happen and should be a penalty everytime.

I have to say I thought our mob went over the top with that young fullback. Even Boris dished out some punishment. A good hard "welcome to 1st grade son" is OK but some of the crap we dished out was ordinary - including the Horo tackle of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8