Horo & Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
First of all, yes I'm back, yes I missed the joint, no I won't swear, no I won't join the tipping comp, yes I will pay to become a premium member.

-----

I feel Foz's game is suffering because of Horo. He does his job on the left edge, but he is pretty easily contained by defences, which seems to make it much harder for Foz to sell him as a ball runner to the opposition. As useless as Trex was, he was big and hard to take down 1 on 1, therefore, sucking in an extra defender or two which created space for someone on Forans inside, Matai or (insert winger) to make a line break

Thoughts?

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Stevie doesn't seem to be suffering. Leading try scorer. Foz must be doing something right.

I posted a couple of days ago that i felt Horo was maybe not our strongest option at 12. I hadnt thought of what you suggested, but there is some truth to it probably. Its not a critical thing, but one which adds to the 'cons' of having Horo in the run on team at 12.

I agree and started a 'is Horo our best option' thread some weeks ago. No x factor, doesn't really make up for it by doing a lot of the teams hard yards stuff, misreads in defence.

I am not saying he shouldn't be in the 17, just need to find a better way to use him.

Chip and Chase said:
Stevie doesn't seem to be suffering. Leading try scorer. Foz must be doing something right.

Notice his tries have been from solo efforts. I don't think foran is playing below par, just feel he could be alot more effective with a backrower that's harder to contain.

Napper said:
First of all, yes I'm back, yes I missed the joint, no I won't swear, no I won't join the tipping comp, yes I will pay to become a premium member.

Thoughts?

Are you sure you are you????

Grab your nuts and twist them tight if you scream its you.

Horro is running different lines to last year, it looks like timing is out but he is running straight and losing the late direction change

Yeah it's starting to be a concern isn't it?
Something of the 2nd yr ( with us at least ) syndrome for Horo.
You cannot say it's from lack of effort. He tries his back-side off for us out there. Just his timing and reads in D where he's just a second behind and it shows. And too often, his handling betrays him ( We '' allow '' Choc this foible but can't afford to make it a pair).

I'm not sure of the solution just yet, but sincerely hope Hoz turns it around real soon.You can tell it means a lot to him, and I sense he's well liked in the group.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4