• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well - the other newbies Fa'aoso, Lawrence & Symonds have their own threads ...!

Compared with them, Horo has been a quiet achiever. But I am impressed with the job he has been getting done each week. He will only improve as the season goes on, is my guess.

Doing a great job for us and agree with you about only Horo only getting better as season progresses. Gonna be a hard for Toovey each week for at the team selection meeting each week with the amount of players pushing for spots especially in forwards

AshfieldBazza said:
Doing a great job for us and agree with you about only Horo only getting better as season progresses. Gonna be a hard for Toovey each week for at the team selection meeting each week with the amount of players pushing for spots especially in forwards

What a great problem for Tooves especially when Gift gets back - dont forget Jesse (had a blinder last week in NSW Cup before getting injured), Gower, Kee Cham, Ligi waiting for their turns as well!

I prefer him over Mauro...he is a harder runner and more aggressive in defense

Do we all agree that was his best game for Manly? He is really building nicely and I see even better things ahead.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Do we all agree that was his best game for Manly? He is really building nicely and I see even better things ahead.
Definitely. He was great. He is really enthusiastic.

Not sure if it is by design or not, but he is always running great lines

Sheikheagle said:
Mauro was a plodder, horo is a good first grader

So was Vic. Do we really need to bag one of our own local juniors here? He played a role for us and he played it very well. Just think of his final pass for Ballin's try in the semi vs NQ in 2011.

Yeshantar, I never see the reason for bagging a Manly player, with the exception of Orford. Horo is going great. Whoever is sponsible for signing Horo, Symonds and Lawrance needs a medal.

DSM5 said:
Yeshantar, I never see the reason for bagging a Manly player, with the exception of Orford. Horo is going great. Whoever is sponsible for signing Horo, Symonds and Lawrance needs a medal.

Lol there are plenty of players you haven't missed over the years DSM !!

Have to eat my own words on this one. very unhappy when he signed, but has been great for manly.
Still think Esi tonga is ****.

I said earlier in the year (January sometime) that I thought Horo was a real gun...have no idea why "whatsthematta" let him go.

Did some conversing with Donny on Facebook and he said his old club had trained him all wrong. He said they were working on his leg drive ability and that we should expect him to be better as the year goes on......this conversation took place after game 1.

Yesterday he was great, so Donny's right, he IS getting better.

And we have Gifty to return, so the gods continue to shine on us!!

Mark, I know you are a big Horo fan. You've been praising him for many weeks - and proven to be spot on. He is a Gun.
I'm a 'Big Red' fan. One of them will have to sit on the bench when Gift returns, but it allows Tooves to ease back Gift and also give him and Choc some time off.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6