Hot Water Rebate - New Efficient HWS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
Aust. Govt. financial rebates for new energy efficient Hot Water Systems has come into effect in the last year or 2 with significant monetary amounts making certain new HWS' apparently worthwhile.

www.hotwaterrebate.com.au

I have heard that the new "Heat Pump" systems are worth considering in most areas of Australia (but thier efficiency and capabilities are suspected to struggle in cold and very southern climates?)

Have seen a Price for the Dux Airoheat (250 litre) Heat Pump HWS at: $3670, whilst the total rebate applicable in our area (Newcastle NSW) is: $3600 (Renewable Energy Certificates: $1200 + NSW Rebate: $800 + Federal Rebate: $1600).

Presumably there is an installation fee and if this is not too big, then apparently the changeover from the standard electric HWS to one of these new ones can work out saving the household significant money in terms of electricity bills in the coming years thereafter.
(As the electric HWS is one of the biggest electricity usage devices in the average home?)

I'm concerned that these Dux Airoheat Heat Pump HWS may only supply water that is relatively luke warm, or at a lower pressure, or not as reliable and hot hot water as the current system - haven't heard this mind you, haven't heard that they supply good pressure hot hot water either though.

Thoughts or experiences?

parents are getting it installed in the next few weeks.

Apparently its pressure is mains and the temperature is plenty hot enough.

I won a Quantum system as a prize at the Storm game the other week but can't use it so looking to offload it?
If you're interested in finding out more or making an offer (or if anyone else is interested?) - send me a message throught this site with your contact details and I'll pass you the info on it?
Cheers
Vid

My garden shed
Has solar power
My garden shed has solar power
It's got a Quantum hot water system
My garden shed has solar power

vidmar link said:
I won a Quantum system as a prize at the Storm game the other week but can't use it so looking to offload it?
If you're interested in finding out more or making an offer (or if anyone else is interested?) - send me a message throught this site with your contact details and I'll pass you the info on it?
Cheers
Vid

ooohhh you lucky bastard!

Apparently the Quantum system is the best around and you get high deduction for getting one because they are so efficient.

Worth looking into.

I wish I could afford one.

With the pool etc our electricity bills are up around $500+ per quarter

Had a Saxon system put in about 2 months ago, cost $4379.00 installed but with rebates only really cost $79.00.

The hot water is ok and has not run out yet in a household of 7.

Water is not boiling hot as they can only switch it to a certain level but have given me the instructions to raise it higher.

Saved about $30.00 in the period on hot water but my power bill actually went up :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4