Houston, we have a fitness problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Surley of all people Des Hasler would be one to see that we are suffering from one hell of a team fitness issue.

You dont continually get run down in games like that. If its not fitness what else is going on. Granted we were running a half grade side tonight but its a patern and its a worry.

What went on tonight was a backline almost entirely out of position or inexperienced battling away as best they could, I wouldn't read a huge amount into tonights one, although we have had a couple of collapses this year

I know he's been injured but the size of Rose tonight showed a lack of fitness IMO. Hard game, yes but they all looked like they were sucking in the big ones for a long time tonight.

How horrible is it when we're 30 minutes out from full time and you know for certain we won't score another point.  It has been happening a lot this year.  We just run out of gas, options and ideas.

This backline that was out of position scored 24 points in the first half.

Give me another excuse.

hown can it be fitness balin is a fitness trainer thats his career after footy & he still plays lethargic after the 65th minutes like the rest of them in  games this year..

Flip link said:
This backline that was out of position scored 24 points in the first half.

Give me another excuse.

That backline didn't play the 1st half. The one that did when Lyon went off had Bailey to centre and Stewart to 5/8, while on top of that stretching the minutes of some of the forwards, 2 of who were already backing up from Origin mid week

jjai link said:
hown can it be fitness balin is a fitness trainer thats his career after footy & he still plays lethargic after the 65th minutes like the rest of them in  games this year..

a) Ballin played origin and so had good reason to be tired
b) he was off the field at the 65th minute

No way it is a physical thing

I can not believe Des would not have the guys trained to a physical standard - or he is building them up to peak at the end of the year

How can it not be physical. The players are literaly falling of their feet in the last 20 mins of nearly every game.

What i mean it is not a matter of not being fit

They are at the level of fitness that des wants them at (think about the gps trackers etc)

For me i think des has had a look at last year - parra etc - and seen the ned to peak towards the end of the year

Not sure if this is making sense as i am more than a little bit pissed....it was a tough second half...

Flip link said:
How can it not be physical. The players are literaly falling of their feet in the last 20 mins of nearly every game.

It's not physical, we didn't complete, had players out of position and once they got a roll-on they panicked. Once Lyon went off they fell apart. It's a psycholigical thing that they have to get over.

They've just gotta stop getting blind the night before game day.....and they know who they are !!

I always told myself never to come on here when i have had a few....whoops....

You sound like you know too ryan.

We aren't stuck in the days of 'Go easy the players read the forums' are we?

Cough up buddy!!! :D

The suggestion the players lack fitness is ludicrous. It is inexperience in the halves and it was always obvious we would struggle at times this year with a new combo, especially early in the year.

We have actually far surpassed my expectations so far. Tonight we not only had new halves but we didn't even have the best one of them, plus we lost killer.

As for Georgie's physique, a happy player is a good player, Des knows what he's doing :p

I have to say I thought Glenn Stewart looked like he'd been joining Gorgeous George at the pie shop a couple of times a week. He was also very slow, especially moving laterally. Cost us a couple of huge breaks in the second half. I always thought he'd bulked up too much, and tonight he looked half a yard off the pace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6