How did Matai go on weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From all reports he didn't hold his neck or shoulder during the game except maybe once in the 78th minute.  

Sort of confirms why some of the manly players call him a sook.  

Yep Pete is right, not a lot of play went towards him, was solid enough with what went his way though, Hodges certainly didn't have a big game opposite him so I suppose that is an indication he went ok

Looked like he was itching to get the knuckles out at times, Ryan Hoffman certainly didn't want to accomodate him

I think we have bigger worries mate, namely in the front row and halves

On a poor day from Matai we at least get some tough metres coming out of our own end

We also have more worries than that.  Brett's knee(s) are a big concern and hopefully they will settle down in the offseason.  He played the last few games of the season in enormous pain.

Wolfman is also a concern and hopefully he will be over second season syndrome. 

Agree that half back and front row are big concerns with most of them getting on in age and enthusiasim. 

There could be some big changes at the end of next year if some players put in similar performances to this year.

Am trying not to think of Brett's knee, am hoping that the 6 months will be more than enough to have it sorted out.

Wolfman should be ok, must get rid of the brain explosions though. I like his strong running and finishing

My main wishes are too see big years from Kite, Perry and Orford. On top of them, Tony Williams get settled down in the spot where Des wants him, and to show and start building on some of that potential he possesses, and displayed in that try against the Tigers.

If those areas are looked after we should be well and truly into this comp. Am hoping an uninterrupted off season will be the biggest positive of them all

MY biggest worry (purely team wise, no wider judgments implied) would be that Brett could end up in jail or at least not playing football.

Considering this season I would almost settle for no players in court or (sort of) apologising to sponsors next year.

However I'd like to see us get a CEO too and perhaps our owners not be in the papers daily exchanging pleasantries again.

Gee, there's a bit to worry about before we even look at the form of players.

I thought Matai looked slow, overweight and lethargic. Really ineffective. A step behind the rest of his team...but meh - the Kiwi's won, so what do I know.

The AUssies looked like they were coming down off some form of drug or alcohol.

Matai played again v France this morning

Only last 25mins or so, went in to make a tackle, and on the 1 replay I have seen I am unsure if it was a headclash with the frog, or JWHs elbow, but he got opened up pretty badly around the left eye and was taken off for stitches, and in the 2nd half they showed him on the sideline with a makeshift patch taped over his eye to soak up more of the blood

In the time he was on made a few dummy half runs and came up and made a spot tackle to cut off a French movement that looked to be building to something

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4