How did we lose ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting NRL stats

Penalties Manly 9, Dogs 8

Comp sets Manly 30/45, Dogs 34/45

Tackles 323 to 295

Missed tackles 37 to 62

Line Breaks 4 - 5

Offloads 19 -10

Errors 14 - 12

Possession 49% - 51%

Tacklers Glen Stewart 43 Williams 32
Lyon 33 Hughes 30
Willo 31 Mason 29

Metres Snake 187 Patten 181
Kite 180 Mason 182
Choc 171 Omealy 155

Pretty even everywhere except the scoreboard

DVS said it all. The errors were in our own half. Does one make metres running across field? Choc and Kite my standouts in a well beaten team. Defense on our line was weak in the first half

I agree with you both, I was just pointing out that the teams were pretty even stats wise and it was just our terrible execusion that cost us the game.

Just a pothole on the road to premiership glory.

There was a very bad patch in the second twenty minutes of the first half. A few dropped balls in our own half, a few spurious penalties at vital times (that should never have been given) and when Kite was off the paddock.

Our penalties were late when we were playing catch up and their errors were in our quarter.

Some can say the ref had little influence but look at the timing of the penalties, the consistency and the tolerance of their umbrella defence to be offside all night, turning us back inside all night - influenced the game big time.

Had we scored with 15 to go (we went close four times) we would have had momentum and the pressure was on them.

Agree Ryan, however we really did get of to a flying start. A try then that chip from Monas which was almost another try then it all fell apart for us. Poor skill level, lack of intensity combined with a few poor ref calls at crucial times.

We lost it just like we lost the game against Penrith: horrible options and a lack of composure at the back end of the game. It didn't help that we had a referee that let the opposition get away with murder in the play the ball (just like against Penrith), but by the time Archer got sick of it and started to blow his whistle we were shot. Plenty of opportunities to sustain pressure or score and we blew them all. (Just like against Penrith.)
The Bulldogs played better than Penrith did, but we were terrible.

The five penalties late in 2nd half don't count, he should have sent players to the bin. 8 - 3 at critical stages and mistakes in our own 30 killed us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4