How do Lyon and Matai rate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think this centre pairing is as good as any I have seen in the maroon and white.

Other combinations worth mentioning

Bell and Matai
Hill and Innes
Cleal and Close
O'Connor and Williams
Fulton and Gartner
Fulton and Branighan
Fulton and Tennant

Matai is massively under rated

Would put us just beind Saints for best centre pairing in the NRL at the moment. I didn't see a lot of Innes playing for Manly so these 2 are the best I have seen for us

Jatz Crackers said:
Era comparisons are just too difficult.

Very true, I thought Hill and Innes were close to the best I had seen, but this pair are really great.

bob dylan said:
I think this centre pairing is as good as any I have seen in the maroon and white.

Other combinations worth mentioning

Bell and Matai
Hill and Innes
Cleal and Close
O'Connor and Williams
Fulton and Gartner
Fulton and Branighan
Fulton and Tennant

Don't forget Stanton and Tennant.

Branighan and Gartner, Gartner and Tarzan Knight, Booth and Gartner, Dorahy and Gartner, Booth and Dorahy.

Cleal and the be-jewelled Eunuch, aka Chris (my arms are too short to catch the ball across my barrel chest) Close.

Inness and Hill were an awesome centres pairing, but that team of the mid 90's was the best team of the era, they were hot in every single position!

Lyon and Matai are great in their own rights, but I think Hill & Inness just have it there.

The Who said:
brookiegreg said:
Innes was awesome in both attack and especially defence

He was called The Postman because he always delivered.

Hey Matty Orford was a postman too :cool:

Great defender Steven Bell but to my mind not quite as potent in attack as the best of these blokes...loved his little shuffle when running into the opposition forwards...never seemed to make much diff though :s

So glad that Dr.Zoidberg is gone, I still can't believe how overrated that bloke was.

Didn't his career die in the ass after going to Catalans?

Lyon = best centre i have seen. freakishly gifted - and a winner.

Hill = ...a close 2nd.

These 2 guys together would be unstoppable.

zabble said:
Lyon = best centre i have seen. freakishly gifted - and a winner.

Hill = ...a close 2nd.

These 2 guys together would be unstoppable.

Hill is the most overrated bloke to ever play in maroon and white.....best 2 centres are clearly Lyon and Fulton

Hill was always injured we called him compo and he would always be right for the finals, strange that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4