How do Silvertails feel coming into 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do Silvertails fans feel about Manly in 2023

• Total voters

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
No Des....
Completely New coaching staff.
Some exciting prospects who may rise to the challenge.
Star player back is almost like signing 1 of the World's best players.
Low key signings, maybe 1-2 could be suprise packets ?
A few "Big name" players have gone.
Big question before a ball is kicked, how will Manly perform in 2023.
It's easy to say "let's wait and see and in truth, this is kind of the case.....but keen to get opinions of fellow Silvertails of where we sit on this topic "NOW".
Is the confidence rising in recent times or has the pin been pulled and the grenade is set to blow up and spiral backwards ?
There are 5 options available, so kindly donate to an option and gift us with a reason why (long or short), most importantly from the heart for good, bad or otherwise....

Can't get more accurate than a woodsie poll!!

Can't get more accurate than a woodsie poll!!
Maybe similar ok ....but I know Woodsie won't bitch about it, so vote away or go away @;)

Maybe similar ok ....but I know Woodsie won't bitch about it, so vote away or go away @;)

lol. I must be tired, I just realised this was a poll, sorry, Maxta.

@:blush:@:blush:@:D

vote away peeps and others!

Poll needs another option, something like 'Definite improvement, will be competitive in all games and will play in the finals'.

I am interested and excited to see ..
If our forward pack is coached to play as a pack, rather than 6 strangers.

To see if actually contesting dominance is part of our plan.

To see if we play more direct before going wide.

To see if we persist with the 2 tackler plan ..

To see if some stiffness and resolve is drummed into our defense.

To see if Sib's is a fan of the no look pass .. or it will only be brought out on special occasions.

To see if Shuster can achieve his potential.

But more than anything, I am hoping to see the enthusiasm and attitude of a well drilled, well coached team competing in every play.

Excited To see Tom back, how Garrick goes at centre, Koula in his 2nd year and a year older, and very excited to see if Saab has learnt how to tackle.

In fact, I'm just hoping that after last year ... I just see a well coached footy team.

That enough maxta?

I am interested and excited to see ..
If our forward pack is coached to play as a pack, rather than 6 strangers.

To see if actually contesting dominance is part of our plan.

To see if we play more direct before going wide.

To see if we persist with the 2 tackler plan ..

To see if some stiffness and resolve is drummed into our defense.

To see if Sib's is a fan of the no look pass .. or it will only be brought out on special occasions.

To see if Shuster can achieve his potential.

But more than anything, I am hoping to see the enthusiasm and attitude of a well drilled, well coached team competing in every play.

Excited To see Tom back, how Garrick goes at centre, Koula in his 2nd year and a year older, and very excited to see if Saab has learnt how to tackle.

In fact, I'm just hoping that after last year ... I just see a well coached footy team.

That enough maxta?
Very nice Woodsie my man - in fact you somehow dug inside my ear and into my brain :hi:

I’m excited and looking forward to 2023.

BUT

We are a front row short of doing anything spectacular.

The kids coming through in the backs are going to be special , so I don’t see this as being our issue.

HOWEVER

Anyone thinking a Front Row of,

Aloai / Croker / Pillowseka

With a backup of , Keppie / Roach / Sipley

Is going to frighten the **** out of any of the top 8 is delusional.

My hope is we will do better than 2023 , win more games , finish a bit higher AND then start to look appealing for some better recruitment at the end of next year.

I get it we have holes in the team. Specifically in the pack.

But we also have star power - Turbo, Jake, DCE and young guns Haumole, Schuster, Koula. Plus, a backline with a heap of pace.

A coaching staff with new ideas.

There is reason to be optimistic.

Still have hope of making the 8 it really depends on turbo. if he gets injured after a few games we do not make the 8. If we get into the top 8 and he plays in the finals we are a chance of going deep into the finals.
Yeah he's that important.

In statistic terms Manly have the most "dispersion". Meaning there is a big range of possibilities. Coming top 4 or bottom 4 would equally not surprise me. I doubt you could say that about any other team.

We underperformed and under achieved and De's under the radar coaching method seemed out dated

We needed a change and I feel excited about the change needed and I have faith in our roster of exciting youth and experience

I also Believe that we have a top 8 roster and once we earn our way into the top 8 Belief and momentum can take us any where the New coaching staff are capable of Inspiring us

Great coaches are Great because they over achieve .
Looking forward to seeing how Great our New coaching staff will be

Obviously excited to see tommy turbo.
Just hope we can improve as a team under new coaching regime and not remain a one man team.
Good point feathered friend
Under Des we were a one man Tommy Team and when the Top Teams figured out how to stop Tommy Des was lost for ideas and his predictable team sections and game plans and losses against the top 8 teams were very frustrating to watch

Winning is Everything at Manly

And to put things bluntly ......

I dont give a fck who coaches us

As long as they coach us to win games and premierships

2nd Best is not a fcking Manly thing !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I'm hopeful but still prepared for the worst. I just think the gap between us and teams like the Panthers, Roosters, Storm and Bunnies is too great to be narrowed in one year. I know the Cowboys did it last season, but our systems are a long way behind and we're essentially starting from scratch yet again. But if Tommy is fit and firing, he could drag everyone else up to his level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6