how do you feel about Stewy being out for 3 months?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how do you feel about Stewy being out for 3 months?

• shattered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ropeable

• pleased (ie parra fan)

• not wanting to root him anymore

• 5th

• Total voters
Its a blow, but its not season ending, the team is still more than capable of making the 8.

And if we make the 8 with a firing stewart back in the team we can still go back to back

I'm not quite shattered, more gutted. 5th seems the best summation, although I think it will be more like 6th, 7th or 8th in all probability (I'd take 5th with glee at the moment).

Not an ideal situation but the season is not without hope, it all depends on whether the rest of the squad decides to cowboy up and get on with the job at hand. The next week or two will indicate whether we will continue to make progress or whether the guys have subconciously put this season in the too hard basket. A few underperformers need to take up some slack and make up for Brett's loss.

good as time as any to prove this team is not a 1 man army.

Do we want to end up like Sharks? Hell No!

There are still plenty of stars... if they want to use this as an excuse to lie down no one is going to be able to stop them.
On the other hand its also excellent motivation.

Having mourned the loss, am now excited to see whether the team can turn the stats into lies. I think they may be able to do just that, especially if Des tries keeping Robbo on the wing.

This sounds terrible, but at least it is from injury rather than being stood down by a bunch of spineless pricks. In think this may have an enormous effect on the team psyche.

Courier Mail reports the following

When he plays we win 71% of games
When he doesn't we win 31% of games

4 wins form the next 12 would see us lucky to be about 14th or 15th and I reckon NO CHANCE of the top 8.

BUT

I  hope I am proven wrong and that "one man does not make a team"

Without this injury we would have been without Stewart for the 3 origin matches anyway.
A lot of sporting results depend on psychology. The Manly club and fans need to remain positive this season. If the club and fans believe hyped press and statistics, then we're digging our own grave.
It's time to stop listening to others and to start believing that Manly is not a one man team. If the Manly boys read these posts they'll see that their own fans are condemning their season. This will be bad for their psyche. Post positive and fire the boys up.

If we cant scrape into the finals we dont deserve it simple as that, from there with last years form, no one can touch us. We will be ok, but pressure is on others to perform.

Utility Player link said:
Shattered, it was like a death in the family

Well  a minor one such as the Goldfish, Turtle or Axalottle.
I was once married to an axalottle and I was extremely devastated when he died. Police interviewed the goldfish and declared suspicious circumstances. Something fishy went down that night and what's worse - I then had to resort to the fruit bowl.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4