How Dylan Walker signing completed Bob Fulton’s incredible overhaul of Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there is a distinct lack of depth in the outside backs.Im pretty confident in saying that only DCE and Taufua will go close to playing every game of the 1-7.The riggers of first grade will hit TomT as the season goes on,Matai,Lyon and Stewart will miss games due to injury.Hope I'm wrong
Generally it's not too big of a deal to find a fill in winger or two. We are a little skinny at centre and fullback though now that Hiku and Gutho are moved on in terms of experienced first graders. But if you look at the following it's not all that bad. Not many sides can have 2 or 3 top quality outside backs sitting on their roster for coverage.

Fullback - Snake / TT / Moltzen
Centre - Lyon / Matai / Walker (and play Moltzen at 6) / Green / Satini / Brown / T-Red / Ramien
5/8 - Walker / Lyon / Moltzen / John / Api K

others are Williame , Goodall, Lavaka, Berryman (still around ??)

I'm Ok with that. Just got to hope we don't get any long term injury to one of the 3 Inaugural MWSE Life Members, that may hurt us a bit.

Actually it's Peter Sterling not BA.
That picture makes me fucn sick in the stomach

It is so much of a pathetic look and will turn out to be his biggest regret in life

Get manly of your back or
Get back to being manly

Generally it's not too big of a deal to find a fill in winger or two. We are a little skinny at centre and fullback though now that Hiku and Gutho are moved on in terms of experienced first graders. But if you look at the following it's not all that bad. Not many sides can have 2 or 3 top quality outside backs sitting on their roster for coverage.

Centre - Lyon / Matai / Walker (and play Moltzen at 6) / Green / Satini / Brown / T-Red / Ramien

others are Williame , Goodall, Lavaka, Berryman (still around ??

I'm Ok with that. Just got to hope we don't get any long term injury to one of the 3 Inaugural MWSE Life Members, that may hurt us a bit.
Yeah fair enough,can't have quality sitting in reserve grade,although the Broncos seem to.Long term injuries will be the issue.Berryman was not re-signed but still lives in the area

others are Williame , Goodall, Lavaka, Berryman (still around ??)

I cant believe we have retained Williame . Maybe Barrett believes he has potential but From what I have seen from him I have seen nothing. I hope I am proven wrong .

I cant believe we have retained Williame . Maybe Barrett believes he has potential but From what I have seen from him I have seen nothing. I hope I am proven wrong .
Maybe it's his amazing record of wins in the NRL???

Oh.....wait... ;)

I think it's less a matter of "retaining" and more no one wants him. He's fine for NSW Cup depth. Never should see first grade though. If he does we're ****ed...

"...At the end of the 2015 season, Manly started to have success offloading some of the players Fulton had earmarked for the scrapheap."

Must be great as a contracted player and to read ZtHs ghost writer talk of you in such glowing terms. I can't help but feel that we've unnecessarily lost a fair bit of our heart and soul in recent months, in the worthy pursuit of a return to finals reckoning.

Like some posters here, there just seems to be a lack of class shown during this process.

I understand where you're coming from mate. Tooves was pretty much of the opposite mind-set when it came to achieving results (i.e he was all about heart and loyalty) and his axing was awfully heartbreaking.

We may have lost a bit of heart, but we've reclaimed some good old fashion intimidation - something that was missing at the end of '14, and most of '15.

Our rivals will FEAR and RESPECT us more than they have in recent times.

There is still heart in the team, but now with some fresh talent, there is belief. Belief that we COULD make top 4, as opposed to this season where us fans were getting all mathematical on our chances of making the 8.

I'm sure as the season progresses, the heart and soul of the team will get stronger, as they face all that mateship stuff of backing each other up, with each game.

I understand where you're coming from mate. Tooves was pretty much of the opposite mind-set when it came to achieving results (i.e he was all about heart and loyalty) and his axing was awfully heartbreaking.

We may have lost a bit of heart, but we've reclaimed some good old fashion intimidation - something that was missing at the end of '14, and most of '15.

Our rivals will FEAR and RESPECT us more than they have in recent times.

There is still heart in the team, but now with some fresh talent, there is belief. Belief that we COULD make top 4, as opposed to this season where us fans were getting all mathematical on our chances of making the 8.

I'm sure as the season progresses, the heart and soul of the team will get stronger, as they face all that mateship stuff of backing each other up, with each game.
It isn't the team on the field that I talk of. We've rarely seen a player not turn up while wearing the maroon and white.

It's the 'vibe' of the place. I'm not sure where you see these recent off-field actions install anything like fear, respect or intimidation in our opposition. I'd be more inclined to think it's a large part of our own squad that feel that, seeing how casually the club has discarded guys.

I can't help but think there was a much, much more respectful way in which this episode could have been handled. The backroom manipulations, media leaking and general efforts against our own in the lead-up to the change over just doesn't feel Manly, to me.

We destroy the opposition, not eat our own. That's where we get them to fear and respect us.

It's the 'vibe' of the place. I'm not sure where you see these recent off-field actions install anything like fear, respect or intimidation in our opposition. I'd be more inclined to think it's a large part of our own squad that feel that, seeing how casually the club has discarded guys.

I understand the manner in which the offloading occurred was'unmanly' like, and hopefully the club doesn't have to go through a repeat of this type of changeover in the future.

But as heartless as the process was, the club now has a team that will intimidate on-field, as opposed to our 2015 squad.

When your teams chances of making the finals start coming down to mathematical chances you may as well give it up for the year. Its a rare thing for a team to win it all only just scraping into the finals.

So I gather from this " leak" to the press that we are about done for our recruitment for 2016, although as we know contracts mean shyte these days.

We will have a pretty fair side in 2016, but that means nought if they are not rowing the same boat, so only time will tell if Baz is the man to do that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4