How good is des without his Dynamic Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
RND 10 NRL LADDER 2011 DOGS 12 POINTS
RND 10 NRL LADDER 2012 DOGS 10 POINTS .

Mate we finished 12ish in 2004.
That's the thing that cracks me up about dogs fans they thought he would bring instant success. He is a great coach but he's not a miracle worker.

If he stays 4-5 years I think they will win a comp

Cameron said:
Mate we finished 12ish in 2004.
That's the thing that cracks me up about dogs fans they thought he would bring instant success. He is a great coach but he's not a miracle worker.

If he stays 4-5 years I think they will win a comp
I dont think the dogs will win the comp in 4 - 5 years because I dont think they will beat us . Have faith in 2V mate !!!

The Dogs definitely have a better team than we did in 2004! Missing Hodkoo hurts them, as Keating is Reserve Grade level at best. How good is it seeing Bennett struggle when he doesn't have any good players anymore!!

I remember all the sack Des threads during his first few years coaching us. I remember one game when he promised that we will never see a game like that again after being beat by 50.

I hate the way in which he left us but they chased him knowing there is a high chance he will win them the comp in the next 5 years when he builds the team with players he wants.

But it is good to see him struggling now, he had most likely forgotten what it is like to have a team that cant preform like Manly has been for the last 5 odd years.

As Choc was quoted - 'Players win Grand Finals (matches), not Coaches'

Des wanted a 'challenge' , so we were happily cheering on the Titans to make his wish come true :p

#B2B

DUFFMAN said:
I hate the way in which he left us but they chased him knowing there is a high chance he will win them the comp in the next 5 years when he builds the team with players he wants.

I firmly believe he wanted to build the bulldogs team around Foran. His plan has gone down the gutter and he's not going to win a comp with the squad he has now. Not sure where he goes from here.

danny-boy said:
DUFFMAN said:

I firmly believe he wanted to build the bulldogs team around Foran. His plan has gone down the gutter and he's not going to win a comp with the squad he has now. Not sure where he goes from here.

He will have to wait a year or two and try to sign some decent players or hope Crusher spots another gun 5/8 and halfback. I think they need a decent centre and winger on the right edge to start with. Then they need some better backrowers and some decent halves. Alot of work to do for Des and i hope Greenturd realizes it may take 3+ years to get a competitive squad that can win a premiership together.

I don't think Greenturd realises that. There was a documentary on fox about them a few weeks ago, and steve mortimer said they have bought all the players to win the comp, they just need to buy the correct coach to gel them together.

They paid massive overs for Des and expect instant results. They're not paying him 1 million plus a season to finish in the same spot as last year. They were probably looking at a top 4 minimum for this year.

Not sure what they see in greenturd anyway, the guy is a smart businessman, but has brought them nothing but misery since he came on board.

Even if the Dogs get all the players they want, a lot of variables have to go your way to win a premiership.

Ceagle said:
Even if the Dogs get all the players they want, a lot of variables have to go your way to win a premiership.
Exactly, even if they get a decent team in a few years they need luck with injuries ect to win the big price.

Matabele said:
How did he go in 2004?

Exactley I will be interested to see how the scumdogs go towards the backend of the season. You think back to 04 we were pathetic until the last 5-6 weeks

Notice all the dog trolls have disappeared back to kennel town now they have fallen behind us on the table. Not so cocky now are we doggggggiiiieeeeesssss. I love it when we just keep shoving it down the throats of all the Manly haters. They were all crowing up here when the titans beat us funny how they've all gone silent again.

It's a long season, let's see how they are going in July/august. More interested in how we will be going then. the signs are good.

One thing the only really good boss I ever had said to me once was that you can judge how good a manager was from how things are with the outfit once they've gone. So aside from the shenanigans trying to get some of our best across to his new club, so far the legacy has been good: Toovs has had some good players coming through to work with, plus the 'dynasty' players are looking good. Toovs himself is part of that.

The dogs can get well and truly stuffed....I'm only interested in Manly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7