How Good was T-REX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Missing him already. A cornerstone of our team and it will be sad to see him running around in blue and white next year.

What a player.

Out of the 3 years he played 1st grade he was great/unstoppable for 2nd half 2011 season. Apart from that he was average 1st grader and not worth $600+ a season.

Look T-Rex had his moments. Its just that they didnt come that often. I think though that I prefer a couple of the new kids Manly have for next year who are more your 60-80 minute players, and who also have the ability to make breaks. I think we lost a good player, but picked up potentially 3-4 good ones back who didnt cost as much....yet

Like Chicken Licken, I was certain the sky was falling in, when (as the reliable media reported) it seemed the entire Manly squad was leaving!

I was concerned and hoped T-Rex was to be retained. What a tremendous second half of 2011 he had! An unstoppable forward who went a long way to ensure our Premiership success.

2012? Never rose to a similar height.
I really hope De$ can get his best out of him.
Foz or Tooves couldn't.

I may be guessing, but I suspect the interview with Menzies, was to invite him into some significant posting when he finishes his footie in France. He's been said to want to be more involved, and his reputation is such that it would be very positive to have him in some significant role at the Manly club for the enhancement of solidarity with the supporters, the players and the Admin. I would suggest this meeting was to discuss options and perhaps tentatively offer a position.

Matabele said:
Reckon he will run at Foran much next year?
It would be worth seeing him up against Foz and Matai, if he switches to the right.

We mainly used him on the left. If he stays there he'll be up against Killer and Gift.

T Rex didn't play too many games this year but he still featured on the highlight reel plenty of times.

COMMANDER said:
Missing him already. A cornerstone of our team and it will be sad to see him running around in blue and white next year.

What a player.

Ok Commander, credit where credit's due!

He did have some great hits during his time here.
http://www.nrl.com/best-shoulder-charges-of-2011/tabid/10874/newsid/65139/default.aspx
He did pick up De Gois like a rag-doll in Round 3 this year (didn't deserve the 'forever suspension' he received).

He scored some great tries and I loved when he ran over the top of Billy Slater!

I honestly think he never came good again after the SOO back injury. Big blokes like him seem to hang on to niggling injuries. I hate to say it, but i think the dogs may have got themselves a lemon. Sad really. I was a massive fan of T-Rex during his time here.

bob dylan said:
I reckon he was better than Grant Wooden but not as good as Garry Winter.

You know Manly was doing it tough when they were recruiting from the Penal League.

bones said:
StuBoot said:
He has something in common with the scarecrow, lion & tin man.
Just can't put my finger on it.

Is he a friend of Dorothy?

He's now a dog so his new nickname could be Toto. But there's no place like home T.Rex and you'll miss your mates big time.

lismore_fan said:
Like Chicken Licken, I was certain the sky was falling in, when (as the reliable media reported) it seemed the entire Manly squad was leaving!

I was concerned and hoped T-Rex was to be retained. What a tremendous second half of 2011 he had! An unstoppable forward who went a long way to ensure our Premiership success.

2012? Never rose to a similar height.
I really hope De$ can get his best out of him.
Foz or Tooves couldn't.

Are you kidding!, why would you want De$ to get the best out of him, I hope the worst comes out of him when he plays for that scum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7