How Ordinary is Chris Bailey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
fair dinkum he is such an average 1st grader, to think Des signed him for 3 years  :-[ :-[ 

Gee Perry played well, what a shame he is leaving, Glenn went great, lyon a legend, Tony getting better and better, Hodko doing well but nothing flash! Get rid of Bailey for sure!!

Is fine plugging up the middle, in a Willow role I suppose we could call it, but wasn't up to the halves tonight thats for sure. In hindsight we should have gone Lyon at 6 because Hodkinson needed help

I hate to dump on any player in the maroon and white but Bailey has just not impressed. He pulls off some critical tackles, he pokes his nose through the line but when he is really needed he just isn't there. I hated saying that, but it is the way I have seen his play. He shouldn't be in the halves.

im not a bailey hater but he was very poor. started the game conceding a carge down to give the eels good field position for their first set, allowed them a repeat with a late count penalty and then gave them 6 again with a late count touch resulting in a try at the end of that set.
I thought Hodkinson had a poor game with out foran alongside him. our kicking game was terrible. Williams had poor moments defensively and farra has had much better games. Lyon was outstanding and Stewart and king were very good. all unmentioned players were average at best.

Ref did us no favours with a fair try disallowed and they were allowed to have their way with us in the ruck and at marker. That said they were the better team and we looked very tired. The bye will be welcome next week and we will bounce back. We are too good a team not to.

Totally agree with Buscuits, we were on top with about 25 to go then ran out of steam.

Bailey gives us nothing at 5/8 he is bench at best to cover some holes in case of injury.  Problem is Des see something in him which I dont - he will be in 17 next game without a doubt

To be fair TH wasn't exactly taking pressure off bailey as far as taking the line on and looking dangerous with the ball, no organisation out there at all from either of the halves.

missing_something link said:
To be fair TH wasn't exactly taking pressure off bailey as far as taking the line on and looking dangerous with the ball, no organisation out there at all from either of the halves.

I can excuse Hodko as he has only played a handful of games. Bailey is average and tried a kick or 2 which were useless and threw an intercept. He's not a 5/8th.

swoop link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=183337.msg262822#msg262822 date=1274096495]

I can excuse Hodko as he has only played a handful of games. Bailey is average and tried a kick or 2 which were useless and threw an intercept. He's not a 5/8th.
[/quote]

I agree Baileys rubbish, but they both played like rubbish and it would be wrong to point the fingure @ just one of them.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=183337.msg262829#msg262829 date=1274096824]
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=183337.msg262822#msg262822 date=1274096495]

[/quote]

I agree Baileys rubbish, but they both played like rubbish and it would be wrong to point the fingure @ just one of them.
[/quote]

It's was the same as when Ox had no decent 5/8th, no other attacking options and nothing in attack. Foran offers us more options. Once they shut down Hodko we had nothing.

Lyon needed to come in and get involved as it was painfully obvious that Bailey and Hodkinson had lost their way and we were devoid of direction. I think we had 2 or 3 sets in their 30 towards the end where Lyon didn't touch the ball and we looked bloody hopeless.

Chip & Chase link said:
Lyon needed to come in and get involved as it was painfully obvious that Bailey and Hodkinson had lost their way and we were devoid of direction. I think we had 2 or 3 sets in their 30 towards the end where Lyon didn't touch the ball and we looked bloody hopeless.
I agree. But I also think Lyon is a better centre than 5/8th.

That is one point C&C, but for 5 weeks Glenn has run too wide to give the space to Lyon and T-Rex. Lyon can only play where Des puts him and he was exceptional for us in so many ways. As on-field captain I can go with your criticism but would he even have the ability to overide Des and yank Bailey to another position? I'm not sure.

It wasn't being critical of Lyon. Just that at times like that you need your senior players to realise we are floundering and maybe try and get in there and look for the ball and get things moving. We had good position and possession and frittered it away with flat footed play and inside balls to nothing. I'm sure Des wouldn't be dirty if Lyon comes in and runs a couple of plays inside Glen to get things happening, he'd want the ball in the hands of his best attacking weapon as much as possible I'd imagine. Anyway, we made too many errors tonight and were generally a bit flat, kicking game patchy as well.  

Yep we should stop him from selecting the side asap.

Geeze he can only play where he is picked and after an ok game against the Dragons when Foran was injured why would he not have been picked when Foran was ruled out.

I dont think he is a 5/8 either but what other option did we have?

Just showed we missed Foran more than they missed Keating and Boy Robson has picked up some pace in the off season.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Goldie link=topic=183337.msg262851#msg262851 date=1274099278]
Looked tired for majority of 2nd half!
You'd think he was one of the fellows backing up from a rep game, but there's no chance of that.
[/quote]
I was talking about the entire Manly squad - just not Bailey!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4