How to beat the roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Anyone got any idea how we many go about dismantling the roosters come Monday night, down on troops , this shapes as a really tuff one at home.... Is king any hope of playing?

No stupid errors or penalties. Kick long and to the corners and wait for errors from them. Kenny Dowell has a few in him. King, no chance.

Tooves rushing defensive style with extra aggression & numbers in tackles will be a real test for the Roosters who have had things their own ways in many games so far in 2013.
They have really played well off the back of 2nd phase plays & offloads allowing the halves to have too much fun.
If they can handle Manlys physical defence will be a true test if they are genuine contenders imo.
Roosters have a habit of playing laterally when getting belted in the ruck area which leads to far more errors & frustration & they can leak points quickly.
For Manly, its simply better completions & shutting down that 2nd phase & quick play the balls. DCE's kicking game will again give great field position.
Main concern for mine is no B. Stewart at the back who does not get enough credit for his best asset - giving massive confidence in defence with his communiction always spot on with the front line. Will lose nothing however on kick returns, with Taufua at the back.

It's all about Manly this year.
If they play to their strengths and minimise errors, nobody can beat them. Unfortunately we've seen in a couple of games the lads have gone away from their usual plans and made stupid errors.
If they play well, there's nothintg the Rooters can do about it.

re King

Apparently he has some issues with his shoulder, and it is going to need some work. He is currently deciding whether to try and play with the pain and have the op after the season, or have the op now

Kiwi Eagle said:
re King

Apparently he has some issues with his shoulder, and it is going to need some work. He is currently deciding whether to try and play with the pain and have the op after the season, or have the op now
Crap that dont sound good at all, ex specially off the back of loosing joe already...... anyone know if sio or jake are able to step up.... or to early,i ha vent seen them play..... have we got many other options, george, lawrence,gower,kite...... might have to do.

c eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
re King

Crap that dont sound good at all, ex specially off the back of loosing joe already...... anyone know if sio or jake are able to step up.... or to early,i ha vent seen them play..... have we got many other options, george, lawrence,gower,kite...... might have to do.

Anyone who has dislocated their shoulder (I've done mine 7 times) would know that trying to play through the pain isn't a goer. I know I couldn't do it, although my other nickname is Marshie, because I am as soft as a marshmallow.

Reduce the error, match them physical we should go alright. Hope the fullback handles the high bombs, we will miss snake at back.

Ps. Hope the refs give us a fair go this week. Their performance last week was bias in my opinion.

MK Eagle said:
Tooves rushing defensive style with extra aggression & numbers in tackles will be a real test for the Roosters who have had things their own ways in many games so far in 2013.
They have really played well off the back of 2nd phase plays & offloads allowing the halves to have too much fun.
If they can handle Manlys physical defence will be a true test if they are genuine contenders imo.
Roosters have a habit of playing laterally when getting belted in the ruck area which leads to far more errors & frustration & they can leak points quickly.
For Manly, its simply better completions & shutting down that 2nd phase & quick play the balls. DCE's kicking game will again give great field position.
Main concern for mine is no B. Stewart at the back who does not get enough credit for his best asset - giving massive confidence in defence with his communiction always spot on with the front line. Will lose nothing however on kick returns, with Taufua at the back.

Spot on MK.
I've always thought that we perform better against teams that "come to play" rather than teams that just want to take it up no frills style. The Titans, Souths and the Dragons found success by just tucking it under the arm, darting fom dummy half and completing their sets, likewise a few games last year too.
Teams that want to be a bit expansive and play footy tend to get bustled into errors and then we take over.

Beat them at their own game. Get rid of all our Jnr players and just sign a team of eastablished stars and pay them in brown paper bags.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6