How to escalate for refund, sporting store, premiership jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dzrbenson

Hi All,

About 5 weeks ago, I put a Manly Sea Eagles Jersey on order for the 2011 Premiership in 7xl.

I wear a 5xl for comfort but wanted the 7, as I want to wear it over my new hoodie, however it came in today and I tried it on, and it was way to small, the 6xl has the size stitched into the tags, however the 7xl has the size written in texta on the tag

When I mean small, I mean old 3xl is actually bigger than this 7xl. I have a few issues, and would love adv. where to escalate this. It was purchased from a guys store, eg football, alcohol merch etc, I spoke to them and they adv. no refund as it was my choice to return.,

My issue here is, the jersey is authentic, however the 7xl and the 6xl in the store are the exact same size. and in this years stock same makers my 5xl is bigger than this 7xl.

The manager flat out refuses a refund, if it was my issue eg 7xl is to small I could accept this, however the 7 and 6 in store are the exact same sizes, measuring thread under arms.

I have a copy of there refund policy, and have put in a formal complain to the shopping centre they are located in, the lady in the store believes I should get a refund, however the owner of these stores says flat out no, to the point me in store today, and he at a store 30kms away, he called the centre management and asked security guards to come to me, in which they did,

They listened to me, and were very happy for me to be there, and said its not right, They also adv. they spoke to the owner, and to say the least and the security guards words were to quote " he is a d*&K"

Just after a place I can escalate this, thanks for reading

You can take it up with department of fair trading, assuming you are in NSW. They have offices spread out across the state. While it is actually not a a requirement of a store to display a refund policy or to actually have a refund policy for that matter, it is the basis of consumer law that a product must be fit for its purpose. The fact that there is no determinable difference between sizes would mean that ultimately the store owner would not be out of pccket, but it is up to the supplier to sort it out.

Mate just sell it on eBay or try your luck here. Just be up front about the size.

If you lose a few bucks on the transaction put it down to experience and never go near that shop again.

Spud's advice is the right way to go.
You can get info on every aspect of seeking to remedy this from http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.html

WAMF said:
Name and shame.

lol. Guys Stuff in Narellan. http://www.guystuff.com.au/

Anyway

Spoken to ACCC they have filed a report and on some watch list now, Made a complaint with Fair trading, however will take 5 months to be seen if a letter of demand does not work. Tried to call the owner today, he is in meetings LOL, he runs a store of 2 people....... so he is ignoring me

I paid $199 for this, maybe I should just put it up for quick sale and be done with it..... Would prob sell for $180 pretty quick, but I live out west not north :/

It will cost the owner significantly more to attend any fair trading hearing than the cost of making good on your purchase.
It's unbelievable how short sighted some business owners can be.

Mine arrived today from the club the size is written on the label.

Put it on and its pretty tight actually its tighter than my 5xl penn health jersey i recieved thanks to centrebet in April.

No way im returning it though it has just made me more determine to shed the kgs over summer to fit in to it next season :)

Despite purchasing it through the club i place no blame on them at all but I do feel ISC need to show some consistency in the merchandise they produce.

I too normally wear 5xl shirts yet i found the 2010 away jersey i bought to fit rather well. I got the 5xl penn health as mentioned because ISC only produced jerseys to that size this year. I also have a 5xl classic origin jersey and 96 retro that are much larger than the 7xl i recieved today.

I guess the thing that greats my gears is as a bigger bloke you pay 20 -30 bucks more for a jersey which I do so with no problems because im in that size due to poor lifestyle choices over the years. However if you pay the extra cash you expect the sizing to be accurate if not accurate then consistent.

I agree,

I never really blamed the store, Until they would not escalate to the manufacturer, and the owner was flat out rude

dzrbenson said:
I agree,

I never really blamed the store, Until they would not escalate to the manufacturer, and the owner was flat out rude

mate can i suggest putting it in a frame and keeping it :)

Its a cracking looking jersey

How about contacting A Current Affair or Today Tonight? They're always happy to show these types of stories.

Dzrbenson - any updates mate on your jersey return saga?

I've just ordered an XL Premiers jersey from the online shop, now I'm worried it may be too tight seeing the other posts on this thread. Can anyone confirm whether the latest ISC Manly jerseys across the whole size range are under sized??

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6