How to greet Gallop on GF day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Was thinking how great it would be if there was some sort of concerted effort by Manly fans to protest when Gallop takes the stage for his speech after the game on Sunday. No doubt it'll just be a cacophony of boos, but a silent protest would be awesome. Not to detract from the original idea, which was much more important than our little spat with Double Demerit Dave, but I was thinking about the black power salute at the 68 Olympics as an iconic protest

lgst3245%252Bmexico-city-olympics-black-power-poster.jpg

How good would it look if 40-50,000 Manly fans turned their backs on Gallop, bowed their heads, held one hand aloft with a raised index finger (to signify the number one and Brett Stewart) and remained dead silent while he spoke. That would be much more powerful than jeering the clown.

That, or just have everyone turn their backs on gallop. It would send a pretty clear message if a few thousand at least did that.

I will be with the MWTS and will turn my back at a minimum when Gallop walks on stage

Brookvale said:
just a loud BOOOOOOOOOO like the one Cammie Smith copped in 2008 will hurt the nerd!

If we boo, he will compare us to terrorists

Daniel said:
That, or just have everyone turn their backs on gallop. It would send a pretty clear message if a few thousand at least did that.

I will be with the MWTS and will turn my back at a minimum when Gallop walks on stage

I'm in on this Daniel. All of the MWTS should do the same!

Cambo said:
you terriorists

Therein lays the irony. Back in '68 these guys were widely condemned by white America because their protest was misconstrued as a show of solidarity with Black Panther movement, which for all intents and purposes was considered a terrorist organisation. The subtlety would be lost on someone like Gallop though.

you do the hokie pokie and you turn around.... that's what it's all about!! bom, bom!!

How about we watch the game turned away from the field. That would get some publicity lol

Chip and Chase said:
Was thinking how great it would be if there was some sort of concerted effort by Manly fans to protest when Gallop takes the stage for his speech after the game on Sunday. No doubt it'll just be a cacophony of boos, but a silent protest would be awesome. Not to detract from the original idea, which was much more important than our little spat with Double Demerit Dave, but I was thinking about the black power salute at the 68 Olympics as an iconic protest

lgst3245%252Bmexico-city-olympics-black-power-poster.jpg

How good would it look if 40-50,000 Manly fans turned their backs on Gallop, bowed their heads, held one hand aloft with a raised index finger (to signify the number one and Brett Stewart) and remained dead silent while he spoke. That would be much more powerful than jeering the clown.

Trivia info: the 3rd guy on the podium was an Australian - Peter Norman who I have heard interviewed on radio about this famous day. He won the silver medal in the 200

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

Y'know, to be honest when Brett and Glenn look back on this day in years to come, I bet they would be most pleased if it didn't have hostility or anger at stupid David Gallop.

I imagine they will be most proud of themselves if next sunday's Grand Final is a celebration of their abilities and sporting skills, not marred by negativity regarding the dimwit Gallop - that would only bring down the respectful joyful tone of the day.

We all know what has happened and we will never forget - but personally I reckon we need to look forward and to celebrate Manly's great achievement this year - and in particular Brett and Glenn, and just ignore the pathetic Gallop.

Maybe the silent treatment is all that is required?

Yes, Peter Norman sadly passed away 5 years ago. His son (maybe a nephew) produced a documentary about him and his role in the Mexico City games a couple of years ago.

Both John Carlos and Tommie Smith attended his funeral in Melbourne, gave eulogies and I believe they acted as pallbearers.

The US Track and Field Association declared the day of his funeral as 'Peter Norman Day' in the US. A great honour.

Daniel said:

Turn your back drop your strides and bend over would really show him how one eyed we are.

Why don't we show we're better than the idiots from Melbourne and politely applaud him. Might just be the olive branch that is required.

Matabele said:
Why don't we show we're better than the idiots from Melbourne and politely applaud him. Might just be the olive branch that is required.

I agree with you.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7