How will we attract players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
In the past I believe top line players have been attracted to Manly because of several factors. Our Manly brand and associated winning culture, great coaches and players and of course money.
I'm not sure we are renown for any of those things at present so I guess we join the ranks of the slime and Saints in paying overs.
I hope our brand hasn't been too damaged.

Couple of reason why we still have players coming to our club and they obviously work, remember last year we were a mess on and off the field but we still got pretty good players.

Here's how we get players here-

-Location (who else doesn't love the beach?)
-We are a club of the future (Look at our young stars, not long before we have a 9th premiership manly is never down for long)
-Tom Trbojevic (he alone will make players want to play here along with DCE and Jake)
-Proud History (2 years of crap doesn't change the fact we are still one of the best clubs to ever exist in the NRL based on our great history)
-Money (Skivvi, Snake, Killer and deadwood all leaving creating about have the cap to spend)

We will be fine

Couple of reason why we still have players coming to our club and they obviously work, remember last year we were a mess on and off the field but we still got pretty good players.

Here's how we get players here-

-Location (who else doesn't love the beach?)
-We are a club of the future (Look at our young stars, not long before we have a 9th premiership manly is never down for long)
-Tom Trbojevic (he alone will make players want to play here along with DCE and Jake)
-Proud History (2 years of crap doesn't change the fact we are still one of the best clubs to ever exist in the NRL based on our great history)
-Money (Skivvi, Snake, Killer and deadwood all leaving creating about have the cap to spend)

We will be fine
Good post Turbo.
I feel better already.
I just think the current setup seems a bit toxic.
I suppose if joke clubs like Saints can be close to signing nene MacDonald we can sign anyone.
They'd be throwing big coin at him though.

Good post Turbo.
I feel better already.
I just think the current setup seems a bit toxic.
I suppose if joke clubs like Saints can be close to signing nene MacDonald we can sign anyone.
They'd be throwing big coin at him though.
Yes I agree on the toxic setup call. It's doesn't feel like manly ATM. Barrett, Cartwright, Siebold don't no the culture of the club but it is a new manly era next year so maybe we will see more ownership from our senior players next year like DCE and Buhrer. We need to get back to a more manly culture.

I reckon a Silvertails fashion parade will attract the elite in players and supporters.

Also get rid of zorba and Fulton. Fulton was a great player but he thinks we can buy our way out of everything. Zorba has no need to be at our club. He does nothing.
100% right on buying our way out.
A quick fix is not the answer anymore.
I'd be prepared to be patient, buying young and developing our own.
But NEVER in 44 years of following Manly have I seen such a lack of success in all 3 grades.
That concerns me the most along with the sacking of 2 of those grades successful coaches and keeping Willo the jub.

This yr has proven it's not the 70's&80's and you can't buy your way out of trouble.Time to develop the juniors that love the club and are not likely to want to leave for money.Does anyone seriously think the Trbojevic boys will leave for money?They are benchmark the club should be building around

This yr has proven it's not the 70's&80's and you can't buy your way out of trouble.Time to develop the juniors that love the club and are not likely to want to leave for money.Does anyone seriously think the Trbojevic boys will leave for money?They are benchmark the club should be building around
ATM to be honest if I was the Trbojevic boys I'd be leaving. The club is a mess! It's just not a manly side or club ATM if feels like the northern eagles. We do have light at the end of the tunnel but only if we sort out a proper coaching team and a good board. Kelly and penn need to go. The coaches need to go. The consultants need to go. Bring back manly.

I would contemplate doing something rather unhinged if they let them go.......

And here we are at Gutho again. Doh!

ATM to be honest if I was the Trbojevic boys I'd be leaving. The club is a mess! It's just not a manly side or club ATM if feels like the northern eagles. We do have light at the end of the tunnel but only if we sort out a proper coaching team and a good board. Kelly and penn need to go. The coaches need to go. The consultants need to go. Bring back manly.
Can you imagine the Trbojevic brothers showing the same passion at another club?Im not as harsh on Barrett as I don't think he's had the chance to mould his own team.Its obvious there's problems in the back ground with Seibold taking off.Much like NSW Origin,Manly won't be able to move on until Bozo is moved on

Can you imagine the Trbojevic brothers showing the same passion at another club?Im not as harsh on Barrett as I don't think he's had the chance to mould his own team.Its obvious there's problems in the back ground with Seibold taking off.Much like NSW Origin,Manly won't be able to move on until Bozo is moved on
If the club Tom and Jake leave for is winning for sure! ATM who would want to play for us, we just need to have a clean out again. Attracting players IMO won't be the issue over the next 2-3 years it will be keeping them.

Get over yourself Turbo....how old were you during the NE debacle?
Personally, I love your enthusiasm & reckon you have more idea than you get credit for, but that's a silly call.
Torn apart by injuries with 4-5 new key players trying to adjust plus a new coach killed the results...throw in a bust 5/8 trial.
1-2 new signings & look forward to you doing cartwheels in 2017.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4