Huge News coming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
A birdy has told me there is a huge annoucement about to be made  ;D

something to do with the budget?

spill your guts!

Manly Sea Eagles - NSW Govt Commits $4 Million

NSW GOVERNMENT COMMITS $6 MILLION TO BROOKVALE The pledge for the Manly Sea Eagles to remain at Brookvale Oval became a reality today with NSW Premier Mr Morris Iemma granting $6 million for new work at the aging Pittwater Road ground.

The State Government's grant comes on top of the $6 million offered by Warringah Council earlier this year and ensures the Sea Eagles will remain at the club's spiritual home.

More news to come on the website !!

You beauty That makes $10 million, I guess hlaf the ground gets done - its a start.  I hope the heading is a typo other we have already lost $2 million

hang on did they pledge 6 or 4 million?

either we have 12 million or we have 10. This is important information!

IEMMA COMES GOOD WITH $6 MILLION FOR BROOKVALE OVAL

4/06/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?newsid=3284

The pledge for the Manly Sea Eagles to remain at Brookvale Oval became a reality today with NSW Premier Mr Morris Iemma granting $6 million for new work at the aging Pittwater Road ground.

The State Government's grant comes on top of the $4 million offered by Warringah Council earlier this year and ensures the Sea Eagles will remain at the club's spiritual home.

Mr Iemma called Manly CEO Grant Mayer and long time Manly Board member Kerry Sibraa to his offices today to make the announcement. Mr Sibraa has worked tirelessly for many years to push for the much needed improvement and today's announcement was a triumph for his hard work.

"The Premier wanted to make a special announcement regarding Brookvale Oval which is why it wasn't listed in yesterday's Budget statement.

"He has always said he would help and this is a magnificent gesture to the people of the peninsula not just for the thousands of supporters who support the Sea Eagles, "Mr Sibraa said.

Star forward Glenn Stewart represented the players at the announcement with the Premier and couldn't hide his delight.

"No teams like coming to Fortress Brookvale and we can maintain that great record well into the future at the great old ground and give our fans the facilities they deserve. It is great to know we will be calling Brookie home for a long time to come - I love playing there, "Stewart said.

Manly Chairman Scott Penn said it was an historic day for the Sea Eagles.

"This gesture by the State Government on top of the promise from Warringah Council gives the Sea Eagles great hope for the future.

"It cements our foothold where we started in 1947 and honours our pioneer players and officials who have fought hard to keep the maroon and whites where they belong. I would like to publicly thank Kerry Sibraa for his work over many years in his constant push for government support for Brookvale Oval, "Mr Penn said.

With $10 million now pledged the Sea Eagles will now turn to the Federal Government to play its part in the rebuilding of Brookvale Oval.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer said "anywhere between $6 million and $10 million from the Federal Government would see us with a boutique ground the Peninsula could be proud of for all codes of football "Mr Mayer said.

I understand that Brookvale oval is owned by Warringah Council but one might hope that the the two councils might strike some sort of a deal to each put in as the team represents the total peninsula area.  The team after all is called The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.   

So you are expecting Manly Council to pay for an asset that they dont control and dont get any (direct) benefit from, and isnt even in their LGA???

One of your best.

Jatz Crackers link said:
This the second best news ive heard all week.

The best was when Gronk announced his garage sale !

My couch is for sale at 1.5 mill.  So if there happens to be 2 mill down the back - you make a profit.  Any takers?

No we have enough to do SOME work on it to bring it some way towards the 20th Century

Fro, it seems to me that local governments everywhere can't afford to continue to hold, let alone develop, these old monolithic footie grounds.  It would seem sensible if they don't want to sell them of for unit development, then a shared facility, and thus responsibility would be a good thing especially within geographic locations.  I didn't mention that Manly should pay, only that a shared deal with Warringah might be of benefit for all on the peninsula.  Only a thought,  but I welcome your constant criticism of my posts.       

DSM5 link said:
I understand that Brookvale oval is owned by Warringah Council but one might hope that the the two councils might strike some sort of a deal to each put in as the team represents the total peninsula area.  The team after all is called The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.   

Looks to me as though you ARE suggesting that both councils should pay something.

Councils are supposed to look after their ratepayers, ?I would contend (but don't have proof) that many manly fans are not in warringah LGA.

As for the "constant criticism", hardly constant. Its not my fault you have been talking out your arse and have lost touch with reality recently.

You make a post with sense and I'll give you credit where its due.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6