Hunt out, Hodges in doubt for Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Hunt out, Hodges in doubt for Brisbane
By Wayne Heming
AAP

The loss of star fullback Karmichael Hunt and serious fitness concerns over Test centre Justin Hodges could force Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak into a major back-line reshuffle before Sunday's NRL clash with a desperate Manly at Suncorp Stadium.
Hunt is battling a deep thigh cork and may even be a week or two off playing in a race to be fit for Origin, which begins in Melbourne in three weeks.
Brisbane have four players - Hodges, skipper Darren Lockyer, winger Israel Folau and City Origin halfback Peter Wallace backing up from Friday-night representative duties.
Hodges made a successful two-try comeback for the Kangaroos in Australia's 38-10 Test win over New Zealand while Wallace all but confirmed his selection in NSW's Origin side with a man-of-the-match performance in Orange.
Henjak is banking on Lockyer, Wallace and Folau playing but concedes Hodges, who has a "tight" hamstring, is in doubt for the Mother's Day showdown.
The Sea Eagles are in a similar boat with six players backing up from representative duty.
Henjak trained without his four stars on Saturday and said he would finalise his side after the representative quartet had a light run on Sunday morning.
"Hodgo has a tight hammy, I guess you could say he is in a bit of doubt," said Henjak.
"Karmichael obviously didn't get through this morning either."
Eighteen year-old rookie Gerard Beale trained in Hunt's spot on Saturday and is poised to make his first grade debut.
Another youngster, Alex Glenn, called into Kiwi camp before the Test as their 18th man, trained in Hodges right centre spot with former Dragon Tom Hewitt, who hasn't made an appearance for Brisbane since joining them in 2008, running on the wing.
Henjak has a couple of options if Hodges pulls out.
He can play Folau in the centres or Glenn who has been up for nine games and may need a break to re-charge his batteries.
Henjak, concerned about putting too much stress on his 32-year-old skipper or Hodges with a big Origin campaign just around the corner.
"I don't want to put anyone at risk of injury, we're all worried about burnout.
"The demands on players now days is greater than ever.
"Guys that have been playing 13, 14 years in the NRL, it's a real risk for them and we're very conscious of that."
Manly, bottom of the ladder, don't have the luxury of being able to rest players and another loss on Sunday could just about kill off their season.
"They're not that far out of the eight, only a couple of wins," said Henjak.
"They're searching for confidence and some motivation to kick on and we certainly don't want to be the team that plays them back into form."

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid....aspx?id=54810

If they lost locky and falou too I would say we are a chance, as it is I would say it will be a closer thing than I first thought but we will still get done

Yeh were still F***ed, as Dan said it might be closer than expected, i might put some money on a Broncos win 1-12

I am not confident, but just have this feeling something is going to click tomorrow. Would have been happier if Brisbane hadn't lost last week though

I have tipped against us as well. Don't like doing it but at work I am four behind the leader who has tipped against us most weeks.

Hmmm, Karmichael Hunt & Justin Hodges are real big factors in this game for mine.

Until I heard this news about them, I was tending toward a Broncos win, probably by 12 or so.

But I also have a feeling the Sea Eagles are gonna put some good plays together on the field tomorrow.
Weather it will be enough, and they will score enough tries, we'll see.

None of the Sea Eagles in the rep games Fri night really shone greatly I thought, also - I didn't get the feeling that any of our boys were exhibiting signs of building into really good solid form as individual players anyway.
But of course, this may work well on the field for them come Sunday, as they may just be able to fire and string together some great teamwork.

Will even that be enough against an in-form broncos tho?

I'll prob tip against manly for the 3rd time this season, tomorrow.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
and don't the 20s seem to be missing him and Daly

Indeed... getting a bit of a touch up from the Broncos. Bronx have a top side though - they've brought in most of the guys who made the grand final last year, after starting them in the Toyota Cup.

Glenn to the wing is an odd one, I imagine he will alternate with Folau a lot, especially in defence. He's a lock forward normally, who can fill in other positions, but is far more capable at centre than wing.

Very glad Hodgo is out though. He's bloody dangerous.

willstyles link said:
Jared's not playing in the under 20s at the moment, so he will make his debut this afternoon.

Williams and rose were also left out of our QLD side
T Williams, Rose and Jared were in our 20 man squad is case of injury to any of our rep players.

So from last weekend, No Perry or Cuthbertson

Logically Rose will be 1 of the replacements, with hopefully JWH the other

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8