Hypocrisy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
The NRL is in danger of stinking to high heaven on 2 counts here:
1. All this talk about what they want the game to be for these mythical Mums and Dads watching who might not allow their sons to play such a violent game. I call bull****. They're using the brawl to deflect from the major reason to come out of that game as to why you might not want your son to play the game - HE COULD GET HIS NECK BROKEN by playing the game cleanly.
2. The song the NRL has chosen for it's theme this year is all about defending your turf, and is sung in the most tribal, base, Neanderthal way. Players reflect sentiment on field and and it's 'oh no you naughty players, we don't want that image at all!'.

I agree with point 1. Way too convenient for the NRL and I had something similar to say in the 'Hadley' thread yesterday.

"Amazing how none of those bleeding heart letters and calls from mums/dads suggesting they will never let their kid play league because of the fight last night, make no mention of Wolfy breaking his neck. I would have thought a player breaking their neck would be of far greater concern to parents? Obviously not in this case when there's free reign to put the boot in to Manly".

hordernnewt said:
The NRL is in danger of stinking to high heaven on 2 counts here:
1. All this talk about what they want the game to be for these mythical Mums and Dads watching who might not allow their sons to play such a violent game. I call bull****. They're using the brawl to deflect from the major reason to come out of that game as to why you might not want your son to play the game - HE COULD GET HIS NECK BROKEN by playing the game cleanly.
2. The song the NRL has chosen for it's theme this year is all about defending your turf, and is sung in the most tribal, base, Neanderthal way. Players reflect sentiment on field and and it's 'oh no you naughty players, we don't want that image at all!'.
Mythical Mums and Dads is spot on. I've got five kids and none of them seemed traumatized after watching the game on TV.

nrl.com to this day has the Manly V Storm Highlights featuring the Biff.

They need to be charged for 'bringing the Game into disrepute' :cool:

Its a fight. fights happen in pubs at home schools weddings partys on the road in a cage in a ring. if a kid/adult gets pissed off enough he will either cry walk away or fight thats the way it goes. maybe kids shouldnt watch tv or step out the front door either

My kids will be more traumatized by the abuse I will hurl at ther TV if they try and rub us out for this. 2 blokes threw a few haymakers that missed big deal. You see far more walking around the streets of Surfers Paradise most nights.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2