Hypocrisy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I chuckle at the hypocrisy surrounding Carney. Firstly, Easts pledged for the last couple of seasons to do everything they could to "sort out his demons." It was all about Todd the man, not Todd the player. They stuck by him while they were winning games, while sacking lesser quality players for lesser off-field offences.
Then they stand him down and, surprise, Easts win their next four games and start realising that they don't need this bloke. In fact, he is both a pest off the field and a hindrance on the field.
So, they sack him. What's happened to their 'spin' about caring so deeply for his wellbeing? Are they still looking after his mental health issues? I doubt it. Total hypocrisy from Easts. Hopefully nobody believed their rhetoric; it was (and always will be) about staying loyal to Carney only as long as he's winning Easts matches.
Even more amazing is that (apparently) clubs like Cronulla and Penrith are interested in recruiting Carney! No wonder these two clubs are in trouble. Didn't they see how much better Easts were without this bloke?

bones said:
Carney's manager asked for the release and the Roosters granted it, he wasn't sacked.

Just 'spin'. Sounds better to be 'released', retrenched, made redundant than being sacked.
I note that Easts aren't objecting to him playing for another NRL club. Smart thinking. The team that picks him up will be easybeats.

2010 they make the GF and Carney wins Dally M. 2011 he hardly plays and they are fighting to avoid the spoon. I think he brought something to the table. Regardless of whether he is a drunk off the field you have to admit he can play a bit.

Chip and Chase said:
2010 they make the GF and Carney wins Dally M. 2011 he hardly plays and they are fighting to avoid the spoon. I think he brought something to the table. Regardless of whether he is a drunk off the field you have to admit he can play a bit.

Of course he can play - that's the only reason why he's lasted so long in the NRL. But Carney played in a heap of losing matches this season, and then Easts' form improved dramatically when he was suspended.

The Who, you sound like your surprised. Hypocrisy is part of everyday life. Some examples are of course more extreme than the other, but there is no one who isn't guilty of it, let alone a sporting organisation.

Imo this guy is an attacking genius & when 1st left from Canberra think Des could have had him in 1 OR 2 GF winning teams by now. To be honest felt mainly p**sed off about the treatment of Snake in comparison but thats not this guys fault, but that of the NRL heirarchy. Obviously the drink is his demon but theres worse things players can do - & they DO. Keep in mind he had a poor year but many halves would have struggled behind a pack like the Roosters this year.

Masked Eagle said:
The Who, you sound like your surprised. Hypocrisy is part of everyday life. Some examples are of course more extreme than the other, but there is no one who isn't guilty of it, let alone a sporting organisation.

No I'm not surprised. And you are right, I'm as big a hypocrite as the Easts' officials. But I like poking fun at them... and Gallop!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4