I’m a little bit more concerned about this week’s game now Elliot may have been

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They mentioned on channel nine there was news about to break out of Penrith regarding M.E

I really hope he hasn't been sacked yet, how often do you see a coach get the flick and the team gets up the next time they play.

(more often than not)

Penrith still deciding on Elliott

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24301679-23214,00.html

PENRITH were unable to confirm or deny the sacking of coach Matthew Elliott.

Speculation was rife Elliott had been shown the door after a disappointing NRL season, the Panthers slumping to four losses in their last five games missing the finals.

“I spoke to the CEO (Mick Leary) at about 7.50pm and he said there hadn't been any further decisions made on Matthew Elliott's future at the club,'' a Panthers media spokesman said.

“At this stage we can't confirm or deny it.''

Leary was at a referees' function and wasn’t contactable.

The Panthers play their last match for 2008 against frontrunners Manly at CUA Stadium Saturday night.

They also sometimes just fall in a heap, which is more likely given that this is the last game of the year, their coach is disliked and possibly sacked, and all they will be thinking about is Mad Monday. They have nothing to play for, they have a ready made excuse for a loss if Elliot gets the spear, so they will turn it up if we put it to them.

I expect us to put 50 on the Choccy Soldiers now.

Chip & Chase link said:
They also sometimes just fall in a heap, which is more likely given that this is the last game of the year, their coach is disliked and possibly sacked, and all they will be thinking about is Mad Monday. They have nothing to play for, they have a ready made excuse for a loss if Elliot gets the spear, so they will turn it up if we put it to them.

Bloody hope so mate, 50 + head start of 8 = 58 that should be the MP

Chip & Chase link said:

was it 2002 when they did Manly the nothern eagles by 50 with nothing to play for and knocked us out of the semi's???

This doesnt concerm me in the slightest. In fact the odds say that if its true will be to our advantage.

Some teams have rebounded when their coach is ditched but I cant recall an instance where a coach is sacked and another installed well within 24 hours of kickoff.

And even if its good news to some panffers players, the fact is their season is over and they have an entire off season now to impress Kearney. I just dont see any new found motivation or spirited new coaching presence being a positive at this very late stage.

Elliott disliked by senior players all year. Plenty of senior players playing their last match for the Panthers tomorrow (Puletua, Priddis, Rooney and the like...). Elliott gets the flick.

Don't kid yourselves guys, there's going to be plenty of emotion out there for the Panthers.

I'm a lot more concerned than I was before this news - but that said, if we don't put 40 on the Panthers then we're fair dinkum on struggle street.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=178333.msg195572#msg195572 date=1220615756]

was it 2002 when they did Manly the nothern eagles by 50 with nothing to play for and knocked us out of the semi's???
[/quote]

Their coach didn't get knifed the night before the game though

Agreed, no hope of a free flowing game in these conditions. All we can hope is that the Storm get similar conditions on Sunday night to keep the playing field even.

if we win by 20 it will be a miracle in this weather.

The crowd will only be about 6K so at least there wont be that motivation for them

Garts link said:
We had those losers Norths associated with us in 02, wont happen again. 

Maybe so but their culture still pops up occasionally (re: the last Souths game). Let's hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head tonight.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6