I don't understand this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Since Mr Lowe has taken over as CEO
we have seen the MTV deal in NZ, we have heard him about organising some sort of membership deal with the warriors to enhance our profile in NZ stuff that all makes sense.

But then by all reports we dont seem to be making the re-signing of our current no 1 kiwi player a prioity and we haven't got our up and coming kiwi to sign on the dotted line.

Strategicaly wouldn't it make sense to keep both kiwis at our club if you want to expand our profile over there or am i just retarded

You are retarded Cambo.  Give up the Lowe bashing.  It pops up in every thread and is monotonous and petty.  Move on ffs.

DSM5 link said:
You are retarded Cambo.  Give up the Lowe bashing.  It pops up in every thread and is monotonous and petty.  Move on ffs.
mate not bashing
just asking the question because it doesnt make sense

if we want to grow our brand in NZ Matai and Foran should be the main men to do that

Manu Vatuvei, Kevin Locke and Benji Marshall would help grow the brand as well, doesn't mean you can afford them all

Cambo link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=184009.msg273984#msg273984 date=1278998918]
You are retarded Cambo.  Give up the Lowe bashing.  It pops up in every thread and is monotonous and petty.  Move on ffs.
mate not bashing
just asking the question because it doesnt make sense

if we want to grow our brand in NZ Matai and Foran should be the main men to do that
[/quote]

If i had to choose between keeping Foran or Matai, Foran would win any day of the week. At the end of the day it's about building a core group of players within the salary cap that Des wants. We can't keep everyone Cambo...

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Manu Vatuvei, Kevin Locke and Benji Marshall would help grow the brand as well, doesn't mean you can afford them all
when did we sign them ;)

"We cant keep everyone......" very true however it would be nice if we could ****ing keep someone at the moment. I see we dont have too much trouble hanging onto Bailey even though everyone who supports the club thinks he is ****.

i know where cambo is coming from.. here we have a  NZ ceo  promoting our club over in NZ which is good , although us in australia dont see any benefits out of it. but im sure its working.. &  we do have a strong support  fan base over there  .. so why wouldnt he sign up the two kiwis we have to encourage more from nz to still support us,after all  we only have that strong fan base over there because before the warriors , our manly teams have always had a few kiwis in them since the 80`s & 90`s.. it would be strange if we were trying to promote our club over there without 1 kiwi  in the top grade..

DSM5 link said:
.. lmfao ;D

mickqld link said:
\"We cant keep everyone......\" very true however it would be nice if we could f**king keep someone at the moment. I see we dont have too much trouble hanging onto Bailey even though everyone who supports the club thinks he is s**t.

That's because no other club is stupid enough to buy him...

Did everyone honestly feel that we were going to keep everyone this year, with all that we had off contract?

Lyon
G Stewart
Perry
Watmough
Foran
Hodkinson
Matai

All those guys bar Hodkinson have played for their country. Would of been great to keep them all, but I knew at the start of the year we would be losing a few.

lol abnc  why does your pic change when i change mine lmao  :p

MPC link said:
Did everyone honestly feel that we were going to keep everyone this year, with all that we had off contract?

Lyon
G Stewart
Perry
Watmough
Foran
Hodkinson
Matai

All those guys bar Hodkinson have played for their country. Would of been great to keep them all, but I knew at the start of the year we would be losing a few.
no i expected to lose 2
but 3

im frustrated because matai has been one of our best this year

Cambo link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=184009.msg274015#msg274015 date=1279000850]

Lyon
G Stewart
Perry
Watmough
Foran
Hodkinson
Matai

no i expected to lose 2
but 3

[/quote]

It does hurt about Matai. I didn't expect Hodkinson to attract $250,000 though. I wonder how the dogs fans are feeling about there new buy? Not that I really give a rats.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=184009.msg274015#msg274015 date=1279000850]

Lyon
G Stewart
Perry
Watmough
Foran
Hodkinson
Matai

no i expected to lose 2
but 3

[/quote]

I love him but Perry is done, no big loss there.

Matai & Hodkinson will hurt but the fact of the matter is they aren't worth the price other clubs are paying for them in our team. Hokko got lucky to get such a big deal but Matai is a victim of his own success.

If the Warriors are going to pay him close to what I heard they will be then he'd be mad to not take it. We'd also be mad to pay him that.

Sad, but thats footy. Good players come & go.

Cambo - it probably doesn't make sense because you don't have all the facts?

I don't either - I don't know if Steve Matai is being offered contracts by other clubs or how much they are offering, I don't know how much he wants and under what terms and I don't know how much Manly have available under the cap.

I don't know what offers are on the table for other existing members of the squad who the club wish to retain that will affect any offer to Steve Matai (or Foran or any other player that you care to mention?)

Apart from the cap I don't know what budget the club has for players...I don't know which players they may be talking to from other clubs and what terms they are offering them.

There are a lot of things that I don't know and so I can't speculate or bag our admin staff for who they are or are not signing.

Do I or any member/supporter/journo need to be kept updated on each and every aspect of the above?

It would be nice but not going to happen and for very sound business reasons which I am comfortable with.

We'll know when we know but to keep bagging people is not doing anyone any favours?

Reality check over

Cambo link said:
no i expected to lose 2
but 3

Maybe he has been, but with his body the way it is he is also the most risky.

MPC link said:

Lyon
G Stewart
Perry
Watmough
Foran
Hodkinson
Matai

Correcto mundo MPC....it's all part of the drama that is the Salary Cap, and being a successful club....just ask the Bronco's who paid overs for Izzy, and then lost him to a gigantic offer from another code.

I will be gutted if Matai leaves, up there with my favourite players. Tough thing is, I also would hate to see either Stewart, Choc, Lyon or Foran leave. In a perfect world we could keep them all, but we don't have that world sadly

However over the last off season, I remember this topic being raised, and the general feeling of most of the forum was that they would be happy to see Matai leave. Shows how quickly things can change, nobody wants him to go now

jjai link said:
lol abnc  why does your pic change when i change mine lmao  :p

LOL yeah we must have had the same avatar. Don't know why but it was changed....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2