I hate the Bullpups!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Recently theres been a massive hate against Storm - mainly because with Manly they have been our biggest rivals & with some help from the infamous 2nd book + inventive illegal cheats.
There is a new contender who has also tinkered with the cap , has inarguably the grubbiest supporters on the planet , smug underhanded board members & overrated, overpaid players. They also try to replicate the Seaeagles success not by practising the Manly method of dedication , hard work & good ethics but by attempting to underhandedly lure players on the back of stealing the coach mid season with an almighty carrot. As a youngster in the 80's I at least respected the tough uncomprimising Dog foward pack but these days the intimidation is long gone & they just make me sick - if it looks like a dog & smells like a dog .............

LOL with the good ethics. You weren't around when we poached coach Bozo plus Boustead,Cleal,McCabe,Barkley from the Rorters or when we poached Boyd,Dorahy,Brown,Ribot from Wests.

MK Eagle said:
Recently theres been a massive hate against Storm - mainly because with Manly they have been our biggest rivals & with some help from the infamous 2nd book + inventive illegal cheats.
There is a new contender who has also tinkered with the cap , has inarguably the grubbiest supporters on the planet , smug underhanded board members & overrated, overpaid players. They also try to replicate the Seaeagles success not by practising the Manly method of dedication , hard work & good ethics but by attempting to underhandedly lure players on the back of stealing the coach mid season with an almighty carrot. As a youngster in the 80's I at least respected the tough uncomprimising Dog foward pack but these days the intimidation is long gone & they just make me sick - if it looks like a dog & smells like a dog .............

I never had one particular team I despised above all others but now it's all changed. It's not because they have our recent coach, it's the smug attitude that gets up my nose.
Does anyone else feel as though they are media darlings ? Also is it just my imagination or was he Hasler at Manly and Des at the Bulldogs.

DOGS First , then all the teams that joined superleague Second!! I still respect all the the teams that were aligned with the ARL.

Parramatta initially, from the great clashes of the 80's.
Then for a lot of years it was Drugcastle from 97 that I despised the most. (and this still hurts)
Then obviously the Storm.
I think the past five weeks has been all our own doing and could have been sorted in house.
I don't blame the Bulldogs for being proactive and getting on the front front. I think it probably highlighted our inemptness (word??spelling??) and good luck to them.
Hopefully from this we have learnt a lesson and can now move forward under Tooves.
1) Parra
2) Storm
3) Bulldogs
Souths very close 4th

mickqld said:
LOL with the good ethics. You weren't around when we poached coach Bozo plus Boustead,Cleal,McCabe,Barkley from the Rorters or when we poached Boyd,Dorahy,Brown,Ribot from Wests.

Interesting thing for a supposed Manly fan to bring up. I guess you subcribe to the theory of the non-Manly morons that if Manly buys players they're just rich a***oles trying to buy a comp, but if any other club does it it's just good business

In no particular order, the teams i hate are

St Choke
Newcastle
Storm
Parra
Broncos
Cowboys
Titans
Raiders
Dogs
Eels
Panthers
Tigers
Sharks
Roosters
Bunnies

mosto said:
mickqld said:

Interesting thing for a supposed Manly fan to bring up. I guess you subcribe to the theory of the non-Manly morons that if Manly buys players they're just rich a***oles trying to buy a comp, but if any other club does it it's just good business

Sure we waived our fat cheque book around, and Bozo was a favourite son returning home. Different strokes in my opinion.
Ethics is something the club had plenty of with Arko in charge. He didn't get his reputation for bad ethics or underming another clubs whole management.
He simply made offers they could not refuse.
I don't blame Des for doing similar-it's the destructive way he wanted to leave, turning staff against each other and even supporters (as on this very forum)
That will be HIS legacy....unfortunately

mickqld said:

Sorry mickqld, disagree with you here,all of those players and Fulton were all OFF contract at the end of THAT year, no one had clauses to break existing contracts and follow Fulton.

Disagree also Mick without apology - theres more than the backdoor poaching - the Bulldogs club has a vulgar feel from the fans thru to the front office. The Seaeagles have always maintained integrity & honour in tough times & in the good times.
These Dogs guys eat their own & if you look at the Hasler situation he would still have the reins at Manly if he chose too, even though circumstances were not perfect. At this hypocritical Bulldogs family club the so called legends are burned at the stake every time the going gets tough - I was around for these ethics.

mickqld said:

Good ethics? Manly didn't poach those players from a grand final winning team a week after they won and thus destroy commerical gains that winning a grand final should deliver a club.

The Dogs can buy whoever they want, I don't care. The unethical part is that the Dogs wrecked Manly's chances of making good merchandise and new sponsorship money over the summer from winning the grand final.

If any other NRL club had seen its grand final aftermath wrecked by another club the media and NRL would have been all over it. Instead, so far all I've seen is Manly portrayed as incompetent fools and the Dogs as smart movers.

It is the lowest of lows what the Dogs did by announcing Des as 2013 coach a week after the grand final. It was all done to get Des to the Dogs in 2012 and to hell with what damage that did to Manly in the mean time.

Hi everyone I am a new member on this site but longtime Manly supporter - so thought I would join up.

For me dislike: Dogs & Storm = followed by Parramatta & Souths :p

This is the dogs anti Manly chant here, thought about putting it here but you can read it yourself along with other teams, talk about low.

http://www.bulldogsarmy.com/chants.html

I'm sure the stadium will be shaking from all five or so of them that actually make any noise. Their supporters are much like the Dragons - more flags than people.

As for the morals question, I'm with Mick. Of all clubs we can hardly cry foul when someone else comes in & tries to poach our players. However, the Bulldogs are no better in that respect, it's just that their supporters are idiots & don't realise it.

Also, lol superleague scum.

Earnie the Eagle said:
This is the dogs anti Manly chant here, thought about putting it here but you can read it yourself along with other teams, talk about low.

http://www.bulldogsarmy.com/chants.html
Classy supporters, using the work rape in their chants.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8