I hope this isn't true...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
In 2012 the English side is rumored to be touring to New Zealand and a few Island Nations and wanted to play a few Australian club sides. Australia is only scheduled to play 2 Tests that year because of an agreement with the RLPA.

A lot of the club CEO's have said no they don't want it i.e Shane "I make Zorba look like a greek adonis" Richards.
To me this is borderline lunacy the club's are crying poor and they get an opportunity to play an International touring side and to bring some extra money through the gate like the old days and they turn it down. People should know the English are mad bastards when going to sports and will follow there team everywhere and the money they spend.
I remember watching Tooves debut against the then Great Britain Lions and Brookie had a fair crowd.

I remember as a kid watching these games on TV late at night when the Aussies played over there. It is something the NRL/ARL need to look at in my opinion. Cut the season down a few games and tour every 2nd year. By reading all the old boys books, they used to have a blast on these tours. It can generate more income for the top tier players and give the up and comers somethng to aspire to. The same can be said for the Poms touring here.

If Manly were playing, I'd go.

If Manly were playing, I'd pay to see them at Brookie.

I remember Shane Richards, he was a drummer in my cousins band.

DSM5 said:

So you dont want Manly players playing Origin but you'd be happy to watch them play a nothing game against the poms.

eagles2win said:
In 2012 the English side is rumored to be touring to New Zealand and a few Island Nations and wanted to play a few Australian club sides. Australia is only scheduled to play 2 Tests that year because of an agreement with the RLPA.

A lot of the club CEO's have said no they don't want it i.e Shane "I make Zorba look like a greek adonis" Richards.
To me this is borderline lunacy the club's are crying poor and they get an opportunity to play an International touring side and to bring some extra money through the gate like the old days and they turn it down. People should know the English are mad bastards when going to sports and will follow there team everywhere and the money they spend.
I remember watching Tooves debut against the then Great Britain Lions and Brookie had a fair crowd.

I remember that game as if it was yesterday. The poms ran at Tooves all day and he kept cutting them down. In one tackle he picked up Lee Crooks the tough pommy front rower and buried him into the turf. Tooves looked like a choir boy in those days but it didn't take long to realise what a tough little bugger he was.

clontaago said:
DSM5 said:

So you dont want Manly players playing Origin but you'd be happy to watch them play a nothing game against the poms.

It would ideally be in the offseason

The Eagle said:
clontaago said:
DSM5 said:

It would ideally be in the offseason

ha ha even better. Lets throw our guys into a match where the other team are match fit and we arent. Even more chance of injury.

One of your best Shane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKDVTpzZmIM

Additional revenue and exposure for the club

The Eagle said:
Well Toovey survived it as did others,your completely wrong shane

Oh well if they got through without injury surely that is proof that no one else in the future would be injured.

I sincerely hope you arent running a business if thats your logic.

I think we need to draw a crowd of 12k to break even at Brookie so there isn't any garantee if we could draw that many to the game. Possible 10k would do if it was played at SFS/Bluetoung/ANZ but this is just an estimate.

Does Manly get paid for SOO? I wasn't aware that they did. They'd surely get money playing an English side. Rest our stars and play the up and comers. More money and certainly more exposure for our sponsors. No downside.

Terrific night at Brookie against the Poms. Tooves was deserving of MOTM. Martin OnFire ran like a crab all night. The Manly team was the B team as we had a big game coming up and the crowd almost felt sorry for the hapless pasties who were at full strength. It was a good sized crowd too and a great memory.

Don't we pay an annual fee for Brookie, would we be required to pay extra if we were to play this game there ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4