I knew goal kicking would cost us eventually

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With hindsight maybe so, but how many teams take a shot when they're down by 4?
We generally take a shot to get further in front or level up.
Most penalties in kicking range were back to back early in the count - we got three in a row up their end so you can't call all of those goalkicking chances and besides taking a shot at that stage of the game would be a softc@ck option

Was thinking with 20 to go and 10 or 11 penalties at that stage that penalty goals would have us in the lead.

Obviously wasn't in the game plan.

StuBoot said:
With hindsight maybe so, but how many teams take a shot when they're down by 4?
We generally take a shot to get further in front or level up.
Most penalties in kicking range were back to back early in the count - we got three in a row up their end so you can't call all of those goalkicking chances and besides taking a shot at that stage of the game would be a softc@ck option
The dragons team of 2010 coached by Bennett would have taken penalty kicks to level up or get in front early on. Even if Manly scored a try, it would probably be from the sideline and likely miss the kick this year. So the 2 points may be a weak option but it is not a bad option.

Even if we'd taken a penalty to make it 4-2, then they would have backed off the illegal goal line play a little, thereby giving us a fairer chance to score.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Even if we'd taken a penalty to make it 4-2, then they would have backed off the illegal goal line play a little, thereby giving us a fairer chance to score.

rubbish there the most heavily penalized team in the comp they wouldn't have changed the way they play and if they did we would have been more likely to score in anycase.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Exactly, one early one would have kept them on their toes. As it was they used penalties to support their defensive structure. Still it worked for them but it may not have. We came so close.

Should have definitely taken the one that was in front, you have to take the points when on offer in finals games. We don't score off that set and it just motivates the opposition.

TokyoEagle said:
Should have definitely taken the one that was in front, you have to take the points when on offer in finals games. We don't score off that set and it just motivates the opposition.

Agreed. Hope we learnt our lesson because the game against the Sharks could well be another bash up derby where tries are hard to score.

Manly is a team that backs there attack. Always have been always will. I love that about our team.

Sharks Michael Gordon is a dead-eye sharpshooter. It helps in deciding to take the two if you know you will actually get the two.

While Lyon hasn't been overly consistent this year, he did get 6 from 6 against the Raiders recently.

God said:
Ah..... we take those penalty goal attempts and we win the game.

That is all.

God has spoken.

For god's sake why didn't you mention this to 2v at the start of the game?

I'm sure if we play Easts again that we will take the penalty shots. At the time I thought going for a try was the correct option, but seeing how Easts defend and give away deliberate penalties I have changed my mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4