I know it's late and I've had a drink...but..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
It’s perhaps a curse or I would like to think a “to the pool room“ kind of moment when you were there to see your team win a game.

Being an ethnic to Australia in 89 (2 weeks before Hillsboro) but having followed Liverpool everywhere and now having the DVD’s to relive the massive games that I was at is brilliant.

I’m just re-living Liverpool on TV the game of Borrusia Mochengladbach play LFC in Rome in 1977 - a game that I taken to as a young pup (14 years old) by my Dad and his brothers and mates.

On a major trek from the UK to Italy we slept in cars, removal vans, boats and even slept on floors, rooves and the bottom of taxi’s to get there and no doubt as a young tacker I was a bit of a handbrake on the lads as they did the planes, trains and automobiles to get to Rome to see the team win in the European final – BUT my dad’s words as he cried in my ear will be something I will never forget “LAD, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOURS – YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY YOU WERE HERE.....”

So now, being a Travelling Supportah, going to the game and taking my kids to QLD and VIC ...hearing the MAAAAANLY, and joining in with the roar of “PUSH IT UP MANLY!” is a great source of pride to me.

I was chatting recently to a mate in the UK who was reminiscing about the night we were on the Kop when we were at Anfield when Davey Fairlough scored THAT goal  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fairclough and saying how does the Hill compare?

I recount the time I cried when Beaver scored at Homebush for his last try for the club, or when young Sam reminds me of the time he started the “Eagle Rock” song at Suncorp when we were 16-0 down and went on to beat the Broncos..and so many more nights...

When I read the disparaging remarks about our players, our admin people and our fans on here it makes me really sad...

NO ONE LIKES US...WE DON’T CARE

Were you on the Kop in 1989 when Thomas scored the injury time goal that gave Arsenal the Championship from under your noses?  How good was that day?  I'm glad I woke up in the early hours for it seeing as I was a true supporter who watched such things on TV because it was impractical to get to the game. 

"It's up for grabs now!"

[img=400x240]http://goonersworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/michael-thomas-001.jpg?w=455&h=273[/img]

Funny how a defender could pass the ball to the goalkeeper in those days. Plus there are always those massive victories at Old Trafford in '98 and especially '02 to look back to. :)

Oh yeah Vid, go Manly!

Like you Mata I watched that game early on TV on a cold and wet Sydney morning.
I did however pack the family up and head over to the UK in 2001 to see Michael Owen finish off the Gunners off at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and then headed over to Dortmund a couple of days later with mates to see us beat Alaves in the UEFA cup.

Happy days!!

Volley link said:
Sorry, but I can't take anything seriously when it's called \"Travelling Supportah\"
  I have to agree with you.  It sounds like a pedophile ring. 

The way Liverpool are travelling this season I'd be drinking and reminiscing too. Don't worry Vid, they might still be able to finish up in the top ten!

I don't follow either team so it's funny how clearly that 2-0 win by the Gunners in '89 sticks in my mind. Probably because there weren't that many games on telly back then and it was a classic scenario.

Yeah, not having the best of seasons so will be dusting off a feww more "Glory days" DVD's lol

True story, I was in a rented house in Queenscliff on the Northern Beaches about 5 minutes after the game finished the TV blew up!

Crappy ending to a crappy start to my day.

vidmar link said:
Yeah, not having the best of seasons so will be dusting off a feww more \"Glory days\" DVD's lol

True story, I was in a rented house in Queenscliff on the Northern Beaches about 5 minutes after the game finished the TV blew up!

Crappy ending to a crappy start to my day.
bull**** bob
what did u throw at the tv hahahahahahah

Id have to say my happiest rugby league memory
was TRY 180 for the beaver

To do it in a grand final victory in his last game for manly was stuff fairytales are made of, dont mind saying it made me cry

Wouldn't support any other team but Manly.  Other games can just disappear, and their supporters with them.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4