I loved that

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Probably not everybody's cup of tea with not a lot of points scored but **** I enjoyed that game !!

2 sets of forwards just belting each other, and we won that battle comfortably with 3 of ours playing origin and against one of the top packs imo.

Huge effort to win that game and I couldn't fault any player out there for us, all played their part in the win, wasn't perfect but it was a tough win and sends a message around the comp

Whare was tremendous at the back, Joe huge off the bench as well. Choc was always gonna kill them today

Worst part of the game for me was the clowns in pink ruining the flow of it and getting the whistle out anytime something looked aggressive

I reall enjoyed it too! a real battle and one that I thought Manly were always in control of, great to get the 2 points in the origin period.

I am happy with the win and enjoyed the game but i wish we would cut out our silly errors!!! That being said we were without 6 of our best players today which is a testament to our depth.

Just a word on the chooks as well, I think they are probably the most under rated side in the comp. they have a big, young tough pack and at full strength the backs aren't too bad either, Mini playing top footy at the back

They will probably have a few poor efforts but if they play half decent they will always give a tough battle

Good grinding win. George rose again impressed he and joe provide so much off the bench. Choc was amazing thanks Ricky.

Kiwi Eagle said:
How about king in open space as well haha

Yes, he hasn't done that since who knows when? Maybe his very first 1st grade game when he scored a runaway try. He is the Bill Hamilton of the 21st Century. Just slowly improves as he gets older.

Phantar said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Yes, he hasn't done that since who knows when? Maybe his very first 1st grade game when he scored a runaway try. He is the Bill Hamilton of the 21st Century. Just slowly improves as he gets older.

Big Bill Hamilton now there was a plodder. Tough as teak but couldn't run to save himself sometimes. Used to be a groan of relief when he actually held onto the ball I remember.

Phantar said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I was just reminiscing about that in the "Kingdog in open space thread. Love to see footage of that again.

It was a great battle up front today, how huge was that 1st Warea-Hargraves hit on King and then had to laugh when Rose and Masoe had the battle of the big boys.
There will be some bruised boys on the Nth and city beaches this evening.

Great game, not many points but still exciting. Very impressed with Choc, King, Harrison and Whare. Harrison just gets better each week, I thought he was third string but he is coming along very well. Foran is also looking better with each game. Definitely a few levels below his bro but is proving very valuable at the moment.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
mickqld said:
Phantar said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Big Bill Hamilton now there was a plodder. Tough as teak but couldn't run to save himself sometimes. Used to be a groan of relief when he actually held onto the ball I remember.

Ha! Absolute legend Bill was.

mickqld your'e disrespecting big herman there a little bit. Have a look at the 72 and 73 gfs. Lumbering he was, but not lacking in some skill with the ball, and tough as without the psychotic edge that some of the hard men had in those days.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4