I miss Glenn Hall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really good player Glenn Hall, was so happy for him to be a part of the 08 campaign. Especially when he and choc poleaxed Michael Croker!! That was gold. Choc and Hally high fiving!

1947, couldn't agree more also with Robbo, has there been a more underrated player?? How his name was never even mentioned for Origin is beyond me, everyone cries about Nathan Merritt, Robbo was twice the player.

Hall just played really well in a Cowboys team that just got well and truly Chechinned. I can't think of another referee who so often betrays his bias in a game. He made (and equally as importantly refrained from making) some huge decisions in favour of the Bulldogs, all after Michael Ennis - who seems to have some magical hold over referees, all of whom must have been big fans of 'The Munsters" as children - pleaded with him, "Geez, Matt - it just doesn't seem like we're getting a fair go." So the next set the Dogs get in possession, Chechin conjures up a penalty for Reynolds being taken out after he kicked it - despite minimal contact - and then exchanges a nod and a smile with Ennis. What really pissed me off was that the other ref, whoever the hell he was (din't seem to do anything all night), was standing right next to Reynolds and never even thought about blowing his whistle, but Chechin - who was standing where the ball landed - couldn't wait.
The guy is a cheat, pure and simple, and I'm sick of watching him ruin games of rugby league.

I miss Shane Rodney & Tony Williams more than I miss Hally, though I miss Hall more than I do Harrison.

Geez #12 has been an absolute revolving door for us in recent years. Wonder who'll man it next year after Horo inevitably move on (I'll miss him more than Hall as well).

MadMarcus said:
You miss Tony Williams? Do you miss Chis Bailey too?

Chris Bailey had some good times with us.

T-Rex was amazing for a good period for us & pretty solid for the rest. He was just always an easy target for people & leaving for the Dogs made it even easier to bag him. As far as I'm concerned Agent T-Rex is doing his job at the Dogs as well.

Every player who has helped the Sea Eagles to another premiership win has done us proud. Both Hall and Williams are in that category.

As for Bailey, he was a whipping boy here because he came in when Beaver was ushered out, but people forget he was only on $160,000 p.a. (reported at the time), namely a good solid first grader but never pretended to be a world beater.

We could do with hally at the moment to play up front. I'd have him over gower and hasson.

Sheikheagle said:
Question is robbo still playing in UK?

Still playing with the London Broncos I believe.
God I wish he would come back to Manly.

Killer03 said:
Really good player Glenn Hall, was so happy for him to be a part of the 08 campaign. Especially when he and choc poleaxed Michael Croker!! That was gold. Choc and Hally high fiving!

1947, couldn't agree more also with Robbo, has there been a more underrated player?? How his name was never even mentioned for Origin is beyond me, everyone cries about Nathan Merritt, Robbo was twice the player.

Yeah Killer, he was underrated. Great player and rarely - if ever was injured. I miss him a lot.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
As for Bailey, he was a whipping boy here because he came in when Beaver was ushered out, but people forget he was only on $160,000 p.a. (reported at the time), namely a good solid first grader but never pretended to be a world beater.

Nah SER8. He had NI and was probably the worst buy in a decade.

ManlyBacker said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Nah SER8. He had NI and was probably the worst buy in a decade.

What year did we go to court for Dallas Rennie ? :p

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8