I miss Parcell....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok it's a sickening title, but he has already become a critical player who is absolute key in adding the zest missing in the ruck last night.
Has a crisp passing game & often shoots out, drawing the markers or A defenders, then passes flat pushing his runners over the advantage line, building the momentum to play off to add that needed pressure on the defence.
Has them back peddling & scattered also, providing more options & attacking space for his outside men....this I think contributed to looking flat out wide against Eels as the slower tempo & slower inside service allowed them up in our face.
Then there's the running threat which will only improve from Parcell as the season progresses...ensuring defence has to tighten to counter in the middle , again giving more space out wide.
Come back soon Parcell!!

Our hooking ranks. Parcel, Korisau, Buhrer, Hodges, Brown, Leary.

I don't know I would have been tempted to play someone like Hugh Pratt at nine last night. Api was blunted with slower ball. Walker not an organiser. The game went as well as I had hoped when I heard parcel was out. We played strong and hard for sixty minutes but we didn't have enough points in us. mateo would have helped.

Our hooking ranks. Parcel, Korisau, Buhrer, Hodges, Brown, Leary.

I don't know I would have been tempted to play someone like Hugh Pratt at nine last night. Api was blunted with slower ball. Walker not an organiser. The game went as well as I had hoped when I heard parcel was out. We played strong and hard for sixty minutes but we didn't have enough points in us. mateo would have helped.
Mateo is a must.
We desperately need some creativity.

Personally I thought Brown did a good job playing hooker last night filling in for Parcell. His passing was ok and he made a few good runs. The problem was that Baz replaced him with Leary after about 50 minutes or so and our attack went from fair (at best) to poor.

No offence to Blake Leary but his passing from dummy half is shocking. Most of the time they go above or behind where he is passing to. The guy is a back rower who should only be our dummy half as a last resort.

Personally I thought Brown did a good job playing hooker last night filling in for Parcell. His passing was ok and he made a few good runs. The problem was that Baz replaced him with Leary after about 50 minutes or so and our attack went from fair (at best) to poor.

No offence to Blake Leary but his passing from dummy half is shocking. Most of the time they go above or behind where he is passing to. The guy is a back rower who should only be our dummy half as a last resort.

'The best hookers get a jump & draw the markers with a well timed sharp flat pass - creating go forward....Leary lacks this.
Also Parcel offers sharpness ensuring the defenders must saturate the ruck area far more, Leary & Brown don't really scare opponents with the running game.

If Brown was ever switched permanently to hooker I think he could make a good go of it. Not that I want that to happen because I still think he's behind both Parcell and Api when it comes to the position. And because I think his best go is being a utility player who can cover both the forwards and backs.

Leary on the other hand has no dummy half game. His passing sucks and so does his running (not to mention kicking @:rolleyes:). As a back rower he runs well, but not from dummy half.

Brown is a good back up hooker and nothing wrong with that as 3rd choice but he is not a Parcell or Api.

Leary is a poor back up hooker, hopefully he wont be needed there much more

Brown is a good back up hooker and nothing wrong with that as 3rd choice but he is not a Parcell or Api.

Leary is a poor back up hooker, hopefully he wont be needed there much more

No. Brown is a great bloke to have on the bench and allows us to run three Giants. But he is a dud hooker. And like I said probably our fifth choice. It's more than just getting to dummy half these days. Need a crispness and one two draw step now days that wasn't necessary five or six years ago when Lewis was coming in to firsts. I really like him on that bench.

Such a good spot to be in when you have buhrer mateo Symonds Tapaou Leary all shooting for back row spots. And lussick troboievic Lawrence starling Myles vave fblake knight burgess wanting a front row gig.

The way this team has turned up last three games is promising. DCE will come in and destroy the opposition-after these blokes have tackled and run straight up together for three weeks.

Last edited:
No. Brown is a great bloke to have on the bench and allows us to run three Giants. But he is a dud hooker. And like I said probably our fifth choice. It's more than just getting to dummy half these days. Need a crispness and one two draw step now days that wasn't necessary five or six years ago when Lewis was coming in to firsts. I really like him on that bench.

Such a good spot to be in when you have buhrer mateo Symonds Tapaou Leary all shooting for back row spots. And lussick troboievic Lawrence starling Myles vave fblake knight burgess wanting a front row gig.

The way this team has turned up last three games is promising. DCE will come in and destroy it after these blokes have tackled and run straight up.m for three weeks.

Fifth choice?? Are you serious?? Who are the 4 above him??

Parcell getting the scam smyth going with the trotting off and slightly forward passes
Api gives good ball and can run well

Brown Ball is slightly slower than the 2 above but hits the mark every time
Buhrer Same speed as Brown but throws the occasional bad pass

Leary could hit a guy on the chest if his life depended on it

Pratt is an unknown at NRL level

So if Parcells out till round 9, Brown has to go the 80!....the only time I want to see Leary anywhere near the dummy half is receiving the ball for a hit up.

Fifth choice?? Are you serious?? Who are the 4 above him??

Parcell getting the scam smyth going with the trotting off and slightly forward passes
Api gives good ball and can run well

Brown Ball is slightly slower than the 2 above but hits the mark every time
Buhrer Same speed as Brown but throws the occasional bad pass

Leary could hit a guy on the chest if his life depended on it

Pratt is an unknown at NRL level

Matt Parcel, Api Korisau' Jayden Hodges, Jamie Buhrer. And that makes Lewis Brown FIFTH.

Has Ballin made his return from injury yet? Manly is probably paying much of his salary, so he may as well come back for a few games.

Browns service out of dummy half was adequate the other night. I've seen Api throw plenty of rainbow balls when he has been in there, so I'd say Parcell has the crispiest pass out of the lot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6