I think we re a few years off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
no doubt there will be a few more changes in the offseason, with probably 5 players shown the door maybe more. Too many forwards not enough backs. Then we have the old heads coming to an end . Our team will have a lot of changes over the next few years including this one. Next year may be our best option with some smart new recruits and some smarter losses but if not we are a few years away i reckon. But man we are building a strong unit

I think we have enough backs mate. It's fortunate that we have the back line we do, however it's unfortunate that none of our other backs can get the opportunity to show how good they are unless there's an injury, therefore we continually complain we have no backs. All other clubs have the same complaints when they're losing....we're no different.

Yeah no depth in the backs, forward depth is awesome probably the best in the comp. we are building a premiership side no doubt we just require some good young backs. ATM we look like a top 8 side even with out half our team. Next year is where it will begin. Skivvi can certainly stay another year IMO he is playing really well for us. Jamie isn't playing too bad either but may need to play 5/8 so he stops having circles run round him in the centres. Building towards 2018 for a real shot is what I see. This year I can't see anyone but Broncos winning. And I reckon parra will probably win it next year or Canberra.

2017 side
1.Stewart
2.Tafua-Key to our set starts he is and absolute workhorse
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker-Starting to come along Nicley should retain the 5/8 jumper he has earned it and at the end of 2016 he will probably be one of the better halves in the comp
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Klemmer/Tamou
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds-He has played himself into a new contract with a string of good performances
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.J.Walker/Knight/Lawrence/Starling
17.Vave-Earned a new contract

I think its a fair point ...but also very hard to get an accurate gauge considering...
1) Such a new team & new structures
2) Injuries...in KEY positions
I think by round 20 it will show where the team is really lacking & who WANTS to be here...then its up to recruitment to show the door & open it to bolster the squad for 2017.
Most importantly, there's a flicker of hope in 2016......there's plenty of improvement to come at full strength & may yet surprise.

Depth for 2017
Outside backs-Ramien-Sign up some other up and coming outside backs
Halves-John/Hynes/Wright
Hooker-Koroisau/Godinet/Hodges/Pratt
Prop-Lawrence/Starling/Lussick/Armstrong
Second row-Buhrer/Knight/Green/Walker/Kelly
Lock-Leary/Cox

We are going to need better depth Then that to make a play to the title for 2017.

It's interesting how our backline was seen as the one strength we did still have through the changes over these past few seasons. Even at the beginning of this season commentators were noting how we still boasted one of the most dangerous backlines with just a question mark over how well Walker would slot into 5/8.

It looks far from it at this point in time. While the forwards were given a bagging in the first couple of games (rightfully so), they have come good and shown some major improvement. Currently they are showing up a backline full of experience and perceived stars. Of course, we also have to take into account the loss of DCE while that forward improvement has happened, and the disruption that causes for the backline. Nevertheless, there have been a few too many senior stars who have put in some poor performances to date (and inconsistent at best).

Looking forward to when all the pieces start fitting into place...
1. A forward group that continues to show up, working well together to create a brick wall defensively up the middle and continuing strong go-forward to give the backs some time and space.
2. Halves that organise and create, feeding outside backs with quality ball with the time and space to ply their craft.

Good times ahead, just a question of time.

Jeez @jbb/james i said this a few weeks ago and was crucified for saying it.

This is year 1 of maybe a 5 year tip at another GF!

This year , next and one after will be a bit painful as we pull together the right mix and see the retirement of the old brigade, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

I think this year is a building year. The team has potential and is going as well as expected. I think we are still light on in the backs, we need more speed out wide and we need a dominant prop. I would target Aaron Woods if he is ever available. I think 2017 will be a big year for the club. The younger guys will step up, Jake T I hope is made captain when Killer finishes and young Tom will be awesome at full back. Work in progress, right now they have done well when you consider its a new team and right now its pretty clunky to watch but the foundations are there. We will be fine!

I think this year is a building year. The team has potential and is going as well as expected. I think we are still light on in the backs, we need more speed out wide and we need a dominant prop. I would target Aaron Woods if he is ever available. I think 2017 will be a big year for the club. The younger guys will step up, Jake T I hope is made captain when Killer finishes and young Tom will be awesome at full back. Work in progress, right now they have done well when you consider its a new team and right now its pretty clunky to watch but the foundations are there. We will be fine!
Chez and Jake T will be co captains IMO they both deserve it

I think this year is a building year. The team has potential and is going as well as expected. I think we are still light on in the backs, ...
Sure it is a building year but the plan is for an immediate rebuild, not a piece by piece plan stretching off into the distant future. That is why the painful cuts were made.

We are light in the backs because we needed to bolster the forwards. We've done that thanks to letting go some excellent talent.

This team will be clunky for a few months but don't be too surprised if we turn into contenders by season's end. This season!

Well i think 16 will be our year , maybe not win it but give it a shake. Its only round 7 we are 3 wins mid field, 7 from 14 with players coming back and combos clicking should have us sitting to make a charge. Last season was ordinary but we won 8 from 10 to have sides looking over their shoulders and I can't see this year being any different.

Our roster is very average, but it could mould into a top 6 side in this very average comp.

But here is the thing no one is going to like.

The next time Manly win a premiership Lyon, Stewart and Matai won't be in the team. The question is when do we move them on.

I think the sooner the better.

Our roster is very average, but it could mould into a top 6 side in this very average comp.

But here is the thing no one is going to like.

The next time Manly win a premiership Lyon, Stewart and Matai won't be in the team. The question is when do we move them on.

I think the sooner the better.
All this year can leave. Snake is crap now, same with Lyon and Matai. I don't care if they are legends ATM we are not winning a premiership with them in the team

This Manly team is ready to win this year. As TB has said, they just need to develop some flair in attack. The defense is already there. I have seen enough in the first 7 weeks, playing under highly sub-optimal conditions to believe it.
All this team needs to do is make the eight, and that will be done easily, and Manly are barely on free to air TV until round 21 or later so this team can be the real shock darkhorse come semi final time.
NYEagle

I wouldn't say a few years, 2016 would be a monumental effort, and is unlikely, 2017 we will rattle the cage in a big way.
Still a couple of good signings away from being optimal (i.e. a renowned 5/8, and a bit more grunt in the forwards [who have improved out of sight since rd 1]), if Bozo works his magic, next year we will be up there.

So many things can change from season to season. I really don't see how our team is going to be a heap better next season, unless we make some good purchases. Could be without Lyon and Matai, plus Snake will be a year older.
If the team, and Barrett, can continue to grow and get better, I like our chances just fine by the seasons end. We're gonna have to be on fire though, the cowboys and eels are both looking really, really good. Hopefully the eels lose points. And we really need to arrest this awful brookie record, it's horrifying we're 1/4 at home, genuinely can't lose another home match.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7