I wish Des was the coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Of NSW. As much as I am looking forward to this series I cant fathom that Daley is even a coaches arsehole.

And what if NSW lose, the man responsible for revolving door selections as a selector. Will he want to keep the same players as its his arse in the sling or will he make wholesale changes again. I cant wait for this scenario, to see if he champions to keep the team for stability when he has been instrumental in pulling the squad apart year after year

And how can Tim Grant not be in this side. Did he have a bulldog renaissance with Lozza's Mrs.

NSW are so close. Imagine hasler in charge

We should all rendezvous with the renaissance. It'd do all you uncultured ruffians some good!

pshaw!

winnyason said:
Daley seems to have no idea, a 6 on the bench why not grant,mason or ryan james.

Ryan James please. he goes down quicker than a bag of **** when someone pulls his hair. Not NSw material

Why is it so hard to get your head around Reynolds

Daley had Gidley in his team, Gidley drops out and, short of getting Craig Wing back from Japan, tries to get who he feels is a similar play (someone who can play in the halves, hooker etc)

You might not rate him as a player but he was hardly going to bring in Grant as that would have been a change to his game plan

lsz said:

Daley had Gidley in his team, Gidley drops out and, short of getting Craig Wing back from Japan, tries to get who he feels is a similar play (someone who can play in the halves, hooker etc)

You might not rate him as a player but he was hardly going to bring in Grant as that would have been a change to his game plan

Exactly right. He lost a **** player so he had to replace him with an equally **** player.

lsz said:

What about the bloke who was there last year who is in form and can play 1,6,7 and 9.
I think Daley has some sort of grudge against carney for the way his time at Canberra finished.

As everyone knows I have said Carney should have been there all along, but I have noticed a lot saying that he can play 1,6,7 and 9. That just isn't true at Origin level

He was tried at fullback by the Roosters but they quickly changed tack, and I would hate to see him chucked into fullback and have to contend with the pressure of that in origin, there is a hell of a lot more to it than catching bombs. He has also never played 9 as far as I know, and no way in the world would he be up to that defensively.
For Origin he is an out and out halve

I don't rate Josh Reynolds at all, wouldn't have him near my side, but they obviously want a bloke to play 9, and Reynolds did win MOTM once if not twice playing hooker in 2011 for the Dogs.

I find all the bagging of Daley's coaching ability before he has even had a crack a laugh. How about seeing how he goes, and then making an assessment ?

RL Gronk said:
lsz said:

What about the bloke who was there last year who is in form and can play 1,6,7 and 9.
I think Daley has some sort of grudge against carney for the way his time at Canberra finished.

Agree it should have been Carney but it was never going to be grant

Geez the knives are out for a bloke yet to coach at origin level, give him a chance, oh thats right he has tipped us to do badly on a number of occasions so we all must hate him. I myself like Daley, he always lifted when he played origin, lets hope he can get the team up for it when he is coaching. Do not agree with all team selections but I can see why some were made. Cant wait for Wednesday.

lsz said:

I said grant should be in the team, not as a replacement for gidley,

There are a lot of good ideas in here.

I agree with:
1. Des instead of Daley
2. Carney instead of Reynolds
3. Grant should have been in the team
4. Gidley and Reynolds are both sh*t.

What value is Reynolds to the team? The same as Gidley before he was injured...... Zero.
Farah can play 80. Both halves can too. If the coach doesn't have enough confidence in the starting halves to do the job and Reynolds is there to cover for them if they fail, then shouldn't be there in the first place. You don't waste a bench spot to cover for injuries. IMO, another forward (such as Tim Grant) should have taken the last bench spot.

I prefer...at this stage...Reynolds to Gidley. Looking forward to watching Reynolds pumping his fists when Choc crashes over for the winning try!!! ... then clocking Thaiday or Hodges when they run in to contest it as time expires...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6