If Hasler fails this year and is piunted.........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Robbo

I reckon Lang would be a good replacement. The older coaches command respect and he's won the big one bnefore.

Firstly I suppose it depends on your definition of fail. I don't think you could label another finals spot as failing, let alone it being "again". A finals spot, even after 13 almost consecutive losses has its good and bad points, but, if that was the case and Hasler was told to move on, I would assume Tooves would get the gig for at least a year before anyone else was offered the job.

This is another 'cart before the horse 'post!! Are you drinking the same 'negativity juice' as Ryan Robbo.

You are obviously not a True Supporter!!! :blaugh:

As much as I like Toovs and hope hasler is successful, let's go with an established coach who players from all clubs want to play for

This is another 'cart before the horse 'post!! Are you drinking the same 'negativity juice' as Ryan Robbo.

You are obviously not a True Supporter!!! :blaugh:

Actually, Dessy is my all time fav player so it's very important to me that he goes well. I started this thread as I was thinking bout the coaching merry go round and as a fan I was thinking who I could stomach amongst the coaches being talked about.

Lang is the one I think is OK. As a Manly fan we are used to "insiders" coaching us apart from blunt. I'd still take Tooves over Lang though. I reckon overall that Graham Murray is the best coach in the comp.

Dessy will get us there eventually though.

As for Ryan, well I've read here that he used to be a bears fan......... nuff said. :blaugh:

Well, ive been silent on this issue for a while & watched the arguments flow back & forth.

Im open to new ideas and potentially a new coach, but there is one factor thats inescapable when it comes to Dessie Hasler and that is his most dominant character trait is "persistence"

Few here would dare say Des doesnt know the game & you would have to be daft to suggest Des isnt the most persistent character around, but yet Ryan has a point when he identifys Des is not a bona fide change agent.

But if Des doesnt accept change as well as others, you can bet your left jatz that he will not shirk the hard work in determining a better outcome than the previous year. Thats persistence & its in his nature.

The worth of persistence as a character trait to this team & club during this phase of its resurrection is probably undervalued.

Crickeys........good thing im not posting this on MSE. Someone there is demanding that everyone keep their posts very very short. What a ning nong.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6