If I Was The Manly CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
The hot topic issue seems to be revolving around the poor job the current board are doing. With that said here is my 10 Point Plan if I was CEO:

1. Negotiate a deal to send Foz to Parra in exchange for John Folau and Corey Norman.
2. Resign youth players including C. Gutherson, M. Rudolph, L. Sao, T. Trbojevic and J. Trbojevic.
3. Speak with the local member (Mr Abbott) about securing funding for the facilities and stadium renovations.
4. Critically evaluate G. Toovey as a coach. If he is not in my plans moving forward then tell him and find a suitable replacement.
5. Sign a marquee prop and possible youth half.
6. Assess S. Matai and J. Lyon free from emotion and decide if father time has caught them. If so, speak with them to offer golden handshake and possible coaching positions to mentor youth coming through.
7. Resign key experienced players such as M. Ballin and J. Buhrer.
8. Identify Manly's captain of the future. I'd suggest J. Buhrer.
9. Send this 10 point plan to the members and take onboard advice.
10. Look towards the future roster and plan accordingly. I'd suggest the roster of 2016 would look like this:

1. B. Stewart
2. C. Gutherson
3. P. Hiku (if Lyon retires)
4. J. Folau (if Matai retires)
5. T. Trbojevic
6. T. Carney
7. M. Rudolph or other young half
8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. T. Burgess
11. F. Mateo
12. D. Lui
13. J. Buhrer (c)

14. L. Sao
15. L. Burgess
16. J. Sene-Lefao
17. B. Lawrence

18. J. Starling
19. J. Taufua
20. J. Hodges
21. S. Vave
22. Young development half
23. Young development centre
24. Young development prop
25. Young development wing / fullback

I'll now stand-by for your criticism and mocking!

No criticism or mocking from me feathered friend. I can see that you are running on maroon and white passion . Have faith in our club . I am sure they have a good plan :)

No criticism or mocking from me feathered friend. I can see that you are running on maroon and white passion . Have faith in our club . I am sure they have a good plan :)

I hope so, but I think the key is we need some better communication from the club regarding their plans. I accept we don't need every single detail, but currently we are hearing next to nothing, and that's not giving anyone any faith.

Each to his own, and I have barely watched a game this season, but get rid if Lyon and Matai and retained Mateo?...

Matai just signed until the end of 2017, I dout he will retire.

The hot topic issue seems to be revolving around the poor job the current board are doing. With that said here is my 10 Point Plan if I was CEO:

1. Negotiate a deal to send Foz to Parra in exchange for John Folau and Corey Norman.
2. Resign youth players including C. Gutherson, M. Rudolph, L. Sao, T. Trbojevic and J. Trbojevic.
3. Speak with the local member (Mr Abbott) about securing funding for the facilities and stadium renovations.
4. Critically evaluate G. Toovey as a coach. If he is not in my plans moving forward then tell him and find a suitable replacement.
5. Sign a marquee prop and possible youth half.
6. Assess S. Matai and J. Lyon free from emotion and decide if father time has caught them. If so, speak with them to offer golden handshake and possible coaching positions to mentor youth coming through.
7. Resign key experienced players such as M. Ballin and J. Buhrer.
8. Identify Manly's captain of the future. I'd suggest J. Buhrer.
9. Send this 10 point plan to the members and take onboard advice.
10. Look towards the future roster and plan accordingly. I'd suggest the roster of 2016 would look like this:

1. B. Stewart
2. C. Gutherson
3. P. Hiku (if Lyon retires)
4. J. Folau (if Matai retires)
5. T. Trbojevic
6. T. Carney
7. M. Rudolph or other young half
8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. T. Burgess
11. F. Mateo
12. D. Lui
13. J. Buhrer (c)

14. L. Sao
15. L. Burgess
16. J. Sene-Lefao
17. B. Lawrence

18. J. Starling
19. J. Taufua
20. J. Hodges
21. S. Vave
22. Young development half
23. Young development centre
24. Young development prop
25. Young development wing / fullback

I'll now stand-by for your criticism and mocking!
Nothing wrong with your plan. I am digging it. If the clowns in charge did 3/4 of what you suggest we'd be doing alright. The problem is, the clowns might have a plan but from what we have seen it is doubtful that those idiots can actually execute the plan. Everything they touch so far has turned to ****. Confidence in them? Not me .... especially with that fat turd Zorba pulling strings behind the scenes.

Hiku is too slow and fat .... couldn't break a paper bag.

A lot of those up and coming stars are already re-signed for the next couple of years.

Parramatta know that they don't have to lose any players regardless of signing Foran, so I doubt a deal could be done to deliver him to the Eels this year.

I don't think Matai and Lyon will retire either.

I do think there is something is wrong, but I don't think there is a quick fix unfortunately. We are bound to slide regardless of what happens, but if the club can sign some decent players with the money we have available, the slide might not be so bad.

As far as challenging for premierships again one day, well that rests squarely on the talent coming through our ranks in the NYC. We are going to need more than a couple of them to come through the ranks and develop into stars.

Unfortunately a CEO's role is return profits to the business and from the Penn's point of view, he just saved them over $2million. He could care less about us, Manly, Brookvale Oval unless there is a ROI! Our past CEO's/MD's could not truly wield their powers due to the splintered board.

Welcome Mr Bottom Line.

Going to be a long hard year and I personally hate what they have seemed to have done to our club. No more Golden Wings for you Mr Bottom Line!!

It is absolute lunacy that a team has to play a whole season with players who have signed for the opposition the next season. It has totally f&&&ed our year.

In the context of Rabbits, Rorters, Dogs, MWSE are way off the pace.
The club has many problems :
1. Player commitment issues - The general consensus appears to be that Foran is more of a problem than DCE.
2. Club management problems.
3. Coaching / man management problems
4. Ageing roster
5. Player ego problems and some have asked for a release
6. Injuries all over
7. Difficult draw
8. Lack of go forward
9. Wing play defensive issues
10. Poor playing surface @ FB, as well as 'behind the times' facilities there
11. Sponsorship problems
Based on the above, if it were any other club, we would be certain spooners. But because 'we are Manly', we will finish about 10th.
If i was CEO, I'd be doing some fairly shocking reforms adressing each issue one at a time. But would Penn let me ? Praps we are stuck.

It is absolute lunacy that a team has to play a whole season with players who have signed for the opposition the next season. It has totally f&&&ed our year.
Agreed.
It is the height of stupidity, fmd this has to change.
2 month period oct/nov to get deals done.

In the context of Rabbits, Rorters, Dogs, MWSE are way off the pace.
The club has many problems :
1. Player commitment issues - The general consensus appears to be that Foran is more of a problem than DCE.
2. Club management problems.
3. Coaching / man management problems
4. Ageing roster
5. Player ego problems and some have asked for a release
6. Injuries all over
7. Difficult draw
8. Lack of go forward
9. Wing play defensive issues
10. Poor playing surface @ FB, as well as 'behind the times' facilities there
11. Sponsorship problems
Based on the above, if it were any other club, we would be certain spooners. But because 'we are Manly', we will finish about 10th.
If i was CEO, I'd be doing some fairly shocking reforms adressing each issue one at a time. But would Penn let me ? Praps we are stuck.

Good summation, and you would indeed only do what Penn (the owner) told you to do.

Why do we have sponsorship problems? Kapersky aren't continuing but Kyocera and Daikin re-upped on bigger deals. Kapersky were aligned to the old board so their not wanting to continue isn't a surprise and really, do we want sponsors that meddle in the goings on of the club? Sponsors should give money and if players behave, be seen and not heard. You think Crown tell Rusty what to do?

Re Matai and Lyon - did they both sign for 17 to be their last year? If so that will be a rough year out wide. I don't know if what, a 34 year old Killer based on how he conditions himself is up to the rigours of first grade (in two years time). He is a champion and club legend but when you look at the top centres, it's a big ask for a slow guy in his mid thirties to keep up with those guys. I'd hate for him to finish up looking like a washed up chump, but whereas Matty Ballin said he'll stop even if he's contracted if he feels he's not up to it, Killer and Matai will take the moola for one last go round...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6