If we can't keep both DCE and Foz then ........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Buy Maloney for 550k (good goal kicker, Much better than Killer), or sign Luke Keary/Adam Reynolds/Adam Sezer These four dont get anywhere near our two, and will come much, much cheaper, but having two 1mil halves may just be too much to accommodate.

I'd go for Maloney.

Beaver boy said:
Buy Maloney for 550k (good goal kicker, Much better than Killer), or sign Luke Keary/Adam Reynolds/Adam Sezer These four dont get anywhere near our two, and will come much, much cheaper, but having two 1mil halves may just be too much to accommodate.

I'd go for Maloney.

No thanks to Baloney.

It is going to be a massive juggling act. And the question is going to need to be asked can we afford two halves both on 1million +?

Deep down I really don't think we'll be able to keep them both, not if we want to keep quality players around them. We don't have the Storm system of the big 3. We have real quality across the team (especially the backs), and as such with Lyon, Matai, Snake you pay for it. In the future I'm hoping those names will be Trobejvic, Gutho, Hiku etc.

If we keep 1 it's a tough tough choice. But it's DCE for me. Foran is a quality player but I believe a hard running tough 5/8 can be replaced easier than an x-factor creative player like DCE.

Marquee player(s) allowance (600k). (Sponsorship deals through club)
Third party sponsorships (unlimited). (Sponsorship deals without club)

Foran and DCE both capable of attracting $300K plus in 3rd party if their managers are up to it. More is the Penns can find some mates (i.e. souffs/dogs/rorters and donkeys).

Minimum registered NRL contract will be 600-700k

Question is, can Manly/Penn/Managers pull the 300-400k in TPS to keep them both.

Salary cap isn't the main issue.

I wonder if we qualify for one of those South Sydney "the cap doesn't apply" credits that Smith wants to hand out

We should be trying to keep both. If we have to penny pinch on some depth players then so be it. Players will come to play with these guys for less money so paying to keep them will still enable us to have a good roster.

maybe they won't want nor expect a mill each?

Anyway maloney thinks players who sign contracts mid year are terrible people and he would never ever ever ever do that.

problem solved....
get both of the boys to say they are leaving to play union, afl or even lawn bowls. the nrl's brilliant new ceo will throw big $ at them to stay.*

* indicates sarcastic post

Dan said:
I wonder if we qualify for one of those South Sydney "the cap doesn't apply" credits that Smith wants to hand out

They are only available to Souffs, Dogs and Roosters unfortunately

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4