I'm Proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan

Okay, enough criticism, enough debate over what reserve grade players we should play and where and enough jokes.
At the end of the day, I'm proud.
By making the finals this year we have the longest current streak of finals making. This alone, along with the fact we are still a 'team' the Dragons fears, shows we have been by far and away the best legitimate team of the last half a decade.
Yeah, sure, looking at the team at the start of the year maybe we should have done a little better. But remember, this year was meant to be a rebuilding year. We entered without a recognised half. Furthermore, we lost our best player 70 minutes into the season, were without another representitive from before a ball was even kicked, and have had to deal with injuries and suspensions all year. The number of injuries we are sporting going into this match shows how hard the boys have worked to make this point. Many of them have battled on and played while absolutely shot for the second half of this season.
Sure, there have been some disappointments this year, some matches we should never have lost. But at the same time, the team have done a lot of good things. We beat the Warriors in NZ. The win against Melbourne in Melbourne before the salary cap storm broke was amazing. One of the gutsiest wins you will ever want to see. Probably the gutsiest I've seen since the Eels game in '08, if not gutsier. Our win over the Dragons at Brookie was nothing short of brilliant. We dominated the form team of the competition and did so easily. The win against Souths was thrilling, and at the end of the day those 2 field goals were the one's that guaranteed us a finals spot. The win over the Warriors late in the season was also a great effort, and while the Storm may not have showed up to play at Brookie, we really did come out to teach them a lesson by one of the hardest hitting first halves we showed.
So at the end of the day, I'm proud of my team, and I think I have a right to be, as do al of us fans. The players too have shown a lot of pride in that maroon and white jersey at times this season and because of this I have no doubt they will turn up to play on Sunday. Sure, it might be tough, and we might be underdone, but if there is a club that can do it, its the mighty Sea Eagles.
At the end of the day, I'm proud of what this club has achieved in the last 6 years. As I said, we have been the most dominant club of the last 6 years, and that is something to remember. Because in the 6 years before that, in reality we should have been dead, or at least somehow collected that dreaded first wooden spoon.
So on Sunday, Go you SEA EAGLES!
I'm proud :)

Great post mate ! really did inspire me, i too think that we have done extremely well with what weve gone through. True inspiration, and yes i am proud to be a manly supporter, if theres one team that can knock those dragqueens off its us, with who ever plays ! Push it up Manlyy !

I have been one who has been shot down for thinking we have done well - wait till next year with the full compliment of players.

Plus 1 from me Matt, Great post

Let's hope we really help cement the "chokers" tag for the Dragons on Sunday

Add another to the list Matt. I agree with you 100%. I am proud of what we have acheived. Sure we know that we could have done better with a bit of luck, but none the less we are a team that our opponents fear, regardless of who we put on the paddock..

LOVE your work Matt....there's always SO much negativity around here when they lose, and worse when we just 'scrapped" into the finals, so your post was a breath of fresh air.

As I said a few weeks ago, my expectations (after game one and the loss of the Prince) have been very low for 2010 and I reckon to end up a finalist (even at 8th and little chance of progressing) is a credit to the team.

The MWTS have had a great time throughout the year, more away wins than losses and as you say for the 6th year in a row we made the final 8.

A bloody good result....not a bloody great result, but considering  all things pretty damned good.

Matt Thomas... Way to go!

I'm sure you have read Silertails.net for years but it's good to see you post things albeit post No. 7
Most regular posters swing from very proud to very disappointed. This swing can change in 7 days.

Overall, hell... we rarely give an OVERALL post or a seasonal appraisal... I would be fair to say that most of the regulars are very proud on our team's performance over the year or years!

It's just great that Dan runs this Forum so we can vent our spleen over the bad, disappointing times but we can cheer together after our wins... week to week.

St George remind me of Steven Bradbury this year. The Storm fell over and Manly, at full strength, would have taken out the Dragons, but they have fallen over as well. I can't see the Dragons getting beaten by any of the sides left, unless the Panthers have a VERY good day...

Really this year its the dragons title to lose not anyone Else's to win
If they cant win this year it will a very big choke for them
As long as our 40-0 record isn't broken in the GF then it will be ok
Agree with your post 100%

Moops link said:
St George remind me of Steven Bradbury this year. The Storm fell over and Manly, at full strength, would have taken out the Dragons, but they have fallen over as well. I can't see the Dragons getting beaten by any of the sides left, unless the Panthers have a VERY good day...

If it's not Manly then I am going for Canberra, I think they can beat most of the other teams with their recent form.

I'm proud too....sort of.

I've been a fan of Manly since 1972 & the club has (since Des took the reigns in particular) developed a style about them that renforces my support.

What I really like about this Manly team under Des is how hard they play the game. Even though we have had a few suspensions this year (for mainly unintentional head high tackles), the Sea Eagles play the game fair. No crap niggling, no diving or staying down for penalties, no intentional foul play, very little whingeing (given we have had the worst run in living memory with the refs), ...& we have been playing busted for almost all of the season but Des & the team virtually never tell the media that we were carrying injuries.

If we win, we win because we are better than the opposition, on & off the field.

There is only one thing I'm not proud .....me....for all the times this year & in the recent past that I have bagged Manly & ranted about the team. I was stupid. Whatever happens on Sunday, the boys will give it their best & do it with class which is more than anyone can say about so many other players & their clubs.

Yeah great post Matt, I am very proud of our team! after watching round one against the Tigers and seeing Brett get carried off I feared the season was over before it had begun, but the boys pulled together and made the 8 which has been a top effort.
The last half of the season has been tough but we have had alot of bad luck with injuries but coming into the finals I feel very relaxed which is a great feeling and it's because without our main man at the back we have played better than I thought we would.
Bring on 2011

Fair enough post considering we were not rated by anyone at the start of the season.

The tragic thing about this year is that I reckon it is the most open comp for ages and at our best we were a good short. Six losses in the last ten weeks has killed us. Wins against Melbourne, Saints and Tigers showed that we were the real deal, but sadly we did not finish well and will likely fade into oblivion. I am proud to be a Manly fan and hope that at least the boys turn up on Sunday and give it a real shot, in the knowledge that our best won't be near enough with the selected squad. Time to go and watch the 2008 GF Dvds again. (It is going to be a long off-season.)

At our best I think we were the best side in the comp - we showed that by dominating all the top sides for at least periods of a game. 

Problem is our best hasn't been round much. 

I agree but im sure every supporter is proud even though they let out some frustrations on this boards. With our injury toll we have overachieved and that is more then the Parra, Bulldogs and Bronco supporters can say. Even though my brain says we will get hammered this weekend i got a weird feeling in my gut that there could be a major upset. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6