Importance Of World Club Challenge v Leeds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie4eva said:
I agree with the above, but have seen teams have WCC hangover in the first few rounds after coming back.

With us in 2009 it's hard to judge if we had a WCC hangover due to everything else that went on at the time.

Dragons had 1 loss in the first 10 weeks this year. Melbourne did well at the start for 2010 as well so I think this is a load of crap at the start of the season. It's near the end that you have to worry about as tired legs come into play and you lose motivation.

2009 was injuries and suspensions that killed us in those first few weeks.

eagles2win said:
This one is going to be harder to win though. Leeds will be 3 games into a season meanwhile we would have only had played a trial against the sharks and that's it, hardly a great build up to it.

While not worried about fitness of the players it's match fitness I'm worried about.

While some on here see this as only a trial I'd bet the players and club don't.
Winning this is worth a pretty penny as well and would help finical

This was the same last time and we won. Winning isn't everything though. Getting out there, putting in a good fight and slogging it out, not letting each other down is how you succeed.

Just means we have to be ready weeks before the season starts, which will impact us later in the year.

eagles2win said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Gorgeous George said:
We must win it for Tooves. Imagine that, a world champion at his first gig as coach.

Has a coach ever been a world champion after his first match? Surely not sir!

Steve Price @ the Dragons 2011

sorry. I'm confused. Wasn't Bennett still the coach in 2011?

Clint said:
eagles2win said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Gorgeous George said:
We must win it for Tooves. Imagine that, a world champion at his first gig as coach.

Bennett went home due to a family sickness, Price was coach of the Dragons during the WCC.

eagles2win said:
Clint said:
eagles2win said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Gorgeous George said:

Bennett went home due to a family sickness, Price was coach of the Dragons during the WCC.

Fair Call.

Alryt lads and lasses!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the famous Headingley stadium, no doubt there will be a hostile atmosphere for your lads.

Hoping the mighty Rhinos will avenge 09 and will win it this time!

BlueAndAmberForever said:
Alryt lads and lasses!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the famous Headingley stadium, no doubt there will be a hostile atmosphere for your lads.

Lol good luck champ, your colours over here translate to a club of pure inbreds and masturbatory fans, thankfully in england your colours aren't to foul and your club a shining light of the league, you guys have played this game alot lately I have noticed

I fear our 2 old timers being off to england plus a lying mormon loss might cruel our chances, what do you make of your losses in the playing stocks?

Atm its hard to say how our coaching change will affect us, but I'm confident it will be out with the good and in with a god, be warned as a player his debut was against a touring english side as he got man of the match and created a huge win for manly, this game has destiny written all over it

Burrow should probably watch himself this time, might make the game more interesting for all involved including himself who I nearly felt sorry for, hospital passes can send you to hospital as Rob found out

I'm hoping for a Sinfield vs Lussick fight, much like Perry vs Sinfield back in 09, I've never yelled so loud at stupid o clock at my own house.....unfortunately I live in a suburban area....yeah right oops....

Anyway bollocks and biscuits chap (I've got this english down pat!) Good luck :)

The Eagle said:
Alryt lads and lasses!

Lol good luck champ, your colours over here translate to a club of pure inbreds and masturbatory fans, thankfully in england your colours aren't to foul and your club a shining light of the league, you guys have played this game alot lately I have noticed

I fear our 2 old timers being off to england plus a lying mormon loss might cruel our chances, what do you make of your losses in the playing stocks?

Atm its hard to say how our coaching change will affect us, but I'm confident it will be out with the good and in with a god, be warned as a player his debut was against a touring english side as he got man of the match and created a huge win for manly, this game has destiny written all over it

Burrow should probably watch himself this time, might make the game more interesting for all involved including himself who I nearly felt sorry for, hospital passes can send you to hospital as Rob found out

I'm hoping for a Sinfield vs Lussick fight, much like Perry vs Sinfield back in 09, I've never yelled so loud at stupid o clock at my own house.....unfortunately I live in a suburban area....yeah right oops....

Anyway bollocks and biscuits chap (I've got this english down pat!) Good luck :)

It was perry and peacock, not sinfield. I take it your confident on a comfortable victory?

eagles2win said:

Bennet was the Coach in the pre-season and up to the week prior to the WCC.

2v was left on his own in a very nasty way.
He had to calm the Players and recruit ever more Staff as the weekly exodus continued.
He is learning on the job, and expected to win against an established mob who have been Champions 4 out of 5 years!

I truly feel that the Senior Players will ease him into the NRL Coaching job. The younger ones will be mentored and 2v will excell !

The 2009 Season was lost the day Brett collapsed after being charged with a jailable offence based totally upon a false accusation. Manly in fact didn't mentaly recover till his name was cleared in 2011. And look at the result :D

The Eagle said:
Alryt lads and lasses!

It was perry and peacock, not sinfield. I take it your confident on a comfortable victory?

I'm not. Unlike last time we had a warm up game against quins as well as a NRL trial under our belt.
This time however we would have only played the sharks.
No fitness like match fitness and Leeds should have it over us

eagles2win said:
The Eagle said:
Alryt lads and lasses!

I'm not. Unlike last time we had a warm up game against quins as well as a NRL trial under our belt.
This time however we would have only played the sharks.
No fitness like match fitness and Leeds should have it over us

We have a good preparation for your game, Home game against Hull KR and an away trip to Wigan which is always hard, just hope we don't pick up any injuries, i expect us to beat Hull but I'm not too confident on going to Wigan. I really do have a good feeling on playing Manly this time around, especially with actual home advantage, wonder what your lads will think about the ground and atmosphere, nothing like NRL standard.

Mate, we'll just down a couple of pies and a beer, then just run out and have a lash. See how much bottle your guys have. LOL. Do you guys still say that??

Blimey! I didn't mean to offend ya Guvna. I's just wondrin where the saying come from, honest i was!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4