• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Last night I watched the game with my phone turned off and only turned it on after a leisurely Sunday breakfast with the family ( nice pancakes I must say !!).

Silvertails is much as I expected, full of doom and gloom, and perhaps rightly so , but I can tell you " escaping" to the real world after a loss is much easier than you can imagine, turn the phone / tablet / PC off, talk to the Mrs, have a root, read a book , have another beer, watch a rerun of Rocky 1,2 & 3 BUT whatever you do don't watch TV or read Silvertails.

In last nights game, and given how many we had out I saw improvement on last week , and whilst a win would have been great an improvement in attitude was what I hoped for .

And for much of the game we got it.

No superstar efforts , but an improvement.

We certainly did lack a lot in attack, but compare the side to say round 15 last year and you can see why.

People out of position, injuries causing more changes and it's not hard to see why.

And I doubt any side getting a 6-0 Penalty count against them is going to win a half of footy.

I'm sure many will howl me down for just trying to be positive, if so, well so be it.

Get a few troops back and we will win some games , we just have to get over the next month or so and have a bit of luck on our side .

GO MANLY

Last night I watched the game with my phone turned off and only turned it on after a leisurely Sunday breakfast with the family ( nice pancakes I must say !!).

Silvertails is much as I expected, full of doom and gloom, and perhaps rightly so , but I can tell you " escaping" to the real world after a loss is much easier than you can imagine, turn the phone / tablet / PC off, talk to the Mrs, have a root, read a book , have another beer, watch a rerun of Rocky 1,2 & 3 BUT whatever you do don't watch TV or read Silvertails.

In last nights game, and given how many we had out I saw improvement on last week , and whilst a win would have been great an improvement in attitude was what I hoped for .

We certainly did lack a lot in attack, but compare the side to say round 15 last year and you can see why.

People out of position, injuries causing more changes and it's not hard to see why.

And I doubt any side getting a 6-0 Penalty count against them is going to win a half of footy.

I'm sure many will howl me down for just trying to be positive, if so, well so be it.

Get a few troops back and we will win some games , we just have to get over the next month or so and have a bit of luck on our side .

GO MANLY

Mate, I think the things we need to focus on this season are as follows:-

1. Culture & attitude. Get that right, quite often that will win you games. Players need to show commitment, and buy into Toovey's attitude and culture of winning;
2. Building for the future. If / When we are out of the play-offs (maybe soon), blood some of those NYC players.
3. Coaching. Make a decision on Toovey, and stick with it. Either get rid of him (which will really upset people), or back him, and extend him. Jeez, let him work with a re-tooled team and give him a shot. This team is giving him a bum-steer this season.
4. Avoid the wooden spoon. If we can get the above right, I'm ok with losing. I just don't want to get the wooden spoon :)

I thought it was a decent effort too, we were not favourites last night but gave it a shake. Jake's 'no try' could have given us momentum, though Panthers bombed a couple and deserved to win but were weren't that far off last nite.

That form at least gives us something to build on.

I thought it was a decent effort too, we were not favourites last night but gave it a shake. Jake's 'no try' could have given us momentum, though Panthers bombed a couple and deserved to win but were weren't that far off last nite.

That form at least gives us something to build on.
5min passage where we switched off and they got two tries didn't help. Also never let foz make another decision again about going for two instead of the try. Ducking idiot

5min passage where we switched off and they got two tries didn't help. Also never let foz make another decision again about going for two instead of the try. Ducking idiot

Jamie would never have chosen that option!!

Was a good effort which was let down when we got tired in the middle third of the second half and started laying of players to slow down the play the ball.

Tooves can complain about those penalties all he wants but in the end of it we were out of running and deserved every one of those penalties against us.

GO MANLY

That's the MANLY spirit brother !!!!!!!

6-0 penalties in the back end of the second half

and a failure to award us 3 penalties in the ruck at critical points of the game is what cost us !

We Got Robbed

There Is An Agenda To Give This Club The Wooden Spoon

Unite Manly Brothers And Sisters

The Mrs was at work , the kids were doing whatever. All I had was the footy on tv, Silvertails and I don't drink all week so alcohol was helping the pain. As much as it sux losing I still wouldn't miss watching Manly and posting on here and texting my friends about the game. It's an addiction but it's what we do and love. Bad times make the good times much sweeter.

Watched the game for first time on replay this morning. Was expecting a pretty bad effort after reading updates on phone last night but definitely an improvement in effort from previous weeks. That 10 minute period in second half when we had no ball and they scored a couple of good tries was the difference. Foran had a much improved attitude which carries over to the whole team, matai had his best game of the year and jake was awesome. Wish we had 3 more of him coming through! Shame about his brother, hope not too serious. Can definitely build on that and with a few troops to return soon.15 man bench second half and players out of position again! Attack will improve with snake mateo and lyon back. Just need a win and the confidence will come back.

Obviously we are dusted for this year but I still have a few goals to see played out this year.
1. We avoid the spoon AT ALL COSTS.
2. That long term damage is done to the representative careers of $forme & $CE. (Let's see them get picked from NSW cup)
3. That Parra continues to fail and disappoint it's legion of moron supporters.
4. Anyone but Souffs, Parra or Dogs win it.

Also never let foz make another decision again about going for two instead of the try. Ducking idiot

Taking the two was the best option that close to half time. We always went for it last yr and how many times did we lose a close game? Not going to blame Foz for that decision coz at 6-6 going into half time with a lead, slender or not is always positive. The penalties in the second half killed any hope of a winand that can't be helped with such a re-shuffled team.

Agree with @Mark from Brisbane just watch the games and shut off social media and idiots like Gasnier. Braith Anasta is a lot better and can see past the BS including the hype (with no substance) of BA.

I agree. It was a good effort with 6 players still out and 2 injured during the game.

Kieran Foran, Matt Balin and Justin Horo were the standouts for me. You could see real effort. Horo's best game in about a year.

If we can snag a game or two now, with players coming back and a run home at Brookie, I'm certainly not calling this season off yet....

I thought it was a very Manly like performance.
At about the 55th minute 8-6 in front, ball in hand, and great control of possession.
Then the refs stepped in and we know that story.
But I think put in Killer and B.Stewart they win that in a canter.
Effort wise as good as anything I saw in early 2014.
I think the team should see this as a hugely positive step towards the bulldogs game. We can win that one.
NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6