In all honesty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
With all the injuries we had coming into last night, what would be the point of busting our guts out to win the MP. I mean all it is is a lousy 100K. Thats it.

You still get a home final, a 2nd chance. These days, there isn't much difference between 1st and 2nd. And by going on previous years (08 & 11), we've won the comp from 2nd place!

And yes, there will be those people saying that we would have an easier opponent finishing first, but all in all, I'd rather be playing Souffs this week than a week out from the GF!

Also, we can laugh an the poor crowd pending for the Roosters game this week, especially if they play the Cows :p

manlyfan76 said:
Souffs are going to be beatable. I just wonder if we are going to be good enough.

I think that sums it up perfectly.

It will be interesting to watch all the naysayers on here if we win next week. They will be asking about grand final tickets and praising our great Backline and the forward depth.

ManlyArmy said:
Also forgot to add we're playing on the Saturday which means less traffic

That's a pity because Souths are playing Friday according Nein commentators, we might be a day late.

I actually said this a few weeks ago. It might be to our advantage to come 2nd provided we beat Souffs next week. It puts them and the rorters (provided they win in week 1) into the same side of the finals draw.

Panthers or cowgirls at SFS or Souths with 30k supporters and the pinkies.....serously was anyone watching 3 weeks ago what happened to our pack WITH ballin and Buhrer.Winning GFs can come down to the semi draw and last night was massive.

mickqld said:
If we are any hope this year we simply cannot lose next week.

Yes it's a must win, lose and we will be out the next week, conjure a win and we'd be back in the hunt .

susan said:
Panthers or cowgirls at SFS or Souths with 30k supporters and the pinkies.....serously was anyone watching 3 weeks ago what happened to our pack WITH ballin and Buhrer.Winning GFs can come down to the semi draw and last night was massive.

Souths needed that one more than we did. They played their best match of the year that day and were installed as comp faves as a result. We wanted to beat them but we had a 4 point buffer at the top of the table and were all but assured of a good spot in the semis. They won.

Since then we've had one eye on the finals, and our concentration and attention to detail has slipped. Losing players means we now face a challenge to produce our best form.

But don't forget Souths have been knocked about a bit as well. Does anyone seriously think Souths are relieved they only have to play Manly this week? The Sutton factor remains a big problem for them.

Souths are beatable, no doubt about it, to be honest I am more than happy we are playing them rather than the Rorters (whose form at present seems unstoppable).

An unlikely win against the Vermin could in fact (finally) turn our season around.

But Mark. We were never playing the rorters.we had the chance to play girls or panthers.anyone claiming Souths are the better option looking at our forward losses and the venue / pinkie bias is delusional.That is why last night was so disappointing.Beat the girls or panthers and we get two weeks off to freshen up and anything is possible. We will start at 2.80 to 3.00 next week.Playing the girls or panthers we would be 1.80 if snake plays.Not hard to figure out the best option.

Well we are well and truely under the radar now. Anyone see any odds for next week yet?

But Susan. We WOULD be playing the Rorters if Souths had beat them.

I am not delusional to think that a game against Souths, at ANZ, with 30K Grubbitoh fans and the Pinkies on their side is better than at the SFS on Saturday night V Cows / Panthers.

All I am saying above is that Souths are beatable and I'd rather play them than the Rorters.

Yes of course by a country mile would be V Panthers (who are down on troops as well) on Saturday.

susan said:
But Mark. We were never playing the rorters.we had the chance to play girls or panthers.anyone claiming Souths are the better option looking at our forward losses and the venue / pinkie bias is delusional.That is why last night was so disappointing.Beat the girls or panthers and we get two weeks off to freshen up and anything is possible. We will start at 2.80 to 3.00 next week.Playing the girls or panthers we would be 1.80 if snake plays.Not hard to figure out the best option.

Susan if we are good enough to win this title then we are good enough to beat any team. In the end we have to beat them to win it so why not do it now. Playing Panthers or Storm next week wouldn't be any easier. it's finals,it's a different ball game. Every game is tough no matter who.

So if we lose to Souths we play the winner of 6 and 7 elimantion final I think.

That'll be more than likely Bulldogs vs Storm (if Panthers win today). Not a comforting thought.

Don't agree mick.you can get very lucky if things go your way with the semi draw..We will start $3 next week where we would be favourites or even money against our other potential rivals if snake plays.there is your answer.

susan said:
Don't agree mick.you can get very lucky if things go your way with the semi draw..We will start $3 next week where we would be favourites or even money against our other potential rivals if snake plays.there is your answer.

Just wait and see that's all we can do mate. No use tying ourselves up in knots. Even at full strength I don't think we would have won last night. This club has a habit of throwing egg in the faces of those who write them off. I've wiped enough off my face for many years now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4