In Reality - forward SOFT again !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What an opportunity
Playing Penrith without their 2 most intimidating forwards
Well we went out with a whimper
I agree with opinions on Turbo and Weekes not offering much on the night, it your key backs don't get into a game dominated by the opposition pack
I kept away from posting last night as was pi**ed off and felt it may have simply been an overly emotional thread based on the disappointment of the player's efforts across the park.
Penrith did not come out great neither and kind of grew into the game based on Manly being so underwhelming, then when they tasted blood, went for the jugular.....as Champion teams do.
Missing Koula and Schu - again backs, was not a key factor as again, we were beaten up in the middle and though May have made a slight difference, our pack never allowed us a legitimate chance in that game.
I hope these forwards come out breathing fire this week against Melbourne, or will cop similar medicine and they should, as that effort was on par with the worst I have seen in a long time and with the pack we have - inexcusable.
Would have lost to ANY team last night and this was a game designed to show where we stand in 2023....well we got the message loud and clear.
Need to fire up and quickly, as every team will be hunting our middle and edges as a blueprint for an easy "soft" game.

Yeah hit nail on the head. Aloiai and Paseka soft as custard. Recruit from basket case club no wonder we look awful.

The forwards are not soft and they know how to tackle, even Kelma. Put any of them into the Panthers side, or Storm for that matter, and they'd be fine.
As a team Manly still lacks sufficient organisation. First set when Panthers sent the ball to Tago he had a 3 man overlap, what happened there? Someone might say they are a poorly coached team!

It's only early days with Seibold so it will be interesting to see how they improve next week, it's a home game for one thing so I expect a more aggressive approach.
I think a couple of our blokes found the hostile Penrith crowd a bit off-putting. I'll give them the benefit of a tough learning experience

Fair enough.

It's not like these guys play away from home for half of every season or anything.
True but I think we were out-coached rather than simply that we have soft or incompetent players. Next week will cast a bit more light on which explanation is closer to the mark.

It’s almost as iff we lack confidence against the big sides we get intimidated easily similar to 3 years ago when we were on fire even then we couldn’t beat the good teams.

True but I think we were out-coached rather than simply that we have soft or incompetent players. Next week will cast a bit more light on which explanation is closer to the mark.

Personally, I don't think the players are soft. They have it in them, as we have seen at certain times when things are going well.

I think we are a mentally dumb team, and we make things so very very hard for ourselves.

From our first possession when DCE had to take the hit-up, to our first attacking raid, where Saab went close, but ultimately went out.....if we can't defend well, then we need to control possession and grind.

Pointless continually handing Penrith the ball. It just gasses us quicker, and it's compounding.

Basically, this is a lot of words to simply say that we are a dumb team, and have been for a long while.

Forget the edge defensive issues, forget Tom's injuries, forget that weekes was found out in his first game at 6 for the club, forget that our centres are Nsw cup standard and Forget blaming seibold just yet.

The problem is the same problem we have had since 2020.

Our forwards with the exception of Jake, Croker and Bully are the softest bludgers in the NRL. Flat track bullies who go MIA against any quality oppposition.

Paseka
Josh A
Haumole
Klema
Keppie

All look like Tarzan but play softer than Jane.

Paseka needs to watch Hass they are similar size except has way more heart.

Josh A should just boycott every game not just pride jersey games he is the softest flog to ever Don our jersey he makes Chris Bailey look good.

Haumole - is a star when we are on top of lesser teams but gets dominated and goes missing against the big clubs and has since 2021. Brad Fittler you give this clown a blues jersey and it will be making a big big mistake.

Klema should pack up and go back to concord that miss that directly led to Edwards first of his 100 tries wouldn't even be accepted in park football. Dally M dud buy of the year.

Then there's Keppie who reminds me of the bird you meet at 1am at Melba's you buy her drink she rubs your leg and then at closing time she vanish. He has promised so much for a long time but has delievered sweet f all. His jersey grabbing in the first half was embrassing.

Penn's puppet Mestrov and the recruitment committee have one important task ahead and it's the only soultion.

They need to piss off some of this deadwood and find the cash to get JWH to manly for 1-2 seasons. He maybe in the twilight of his career but he could show these soft pricks how it's done and could play a similar role as Ben Kennedy did in 2005.

Something's gotta change im sick of seeing these pretenders let down a bloke like Jake who gives everything he has while these other imposters go MIA.

Yeah hit nail on the head. Aloiai and Paseka soft as custard. Recruit from basket case club no wonder we look awful.
Aloiai on Instagram this week:

"Society are cultivating Weak men that don’t possess the very qualities they should be known for.
Men that are accepting of everything and stand for nothing , men that are malleable and easily compromise. Men that Fold and buckle under pressure and scrutiny.

I don’t want my Son’s to be people pleasers; but please one ☝🏽 , to be victims and make excuses for weakness and failure. To be Strong and Virtuous.

Unapologetically."

Oh, the irony ...

Forget the edge defensive issues, forget Tom's injuries, forget that weekes was found out in his first game at 6 for the club, forget that our centres are Nsw cup standard and Forget blaming seibold just yet.

The problem is the same problem we have had since 2020.

Our forwards with the exception of Jake, Croker and Bully are the softest bludgers in the NRL. Flat track bullies who go MIA against any quality oppposition.

Paseka
Josh A
Haumole
Klema
Keppie

All look like Tarzan but play softer than Jane.

Paseka needs to watch Hass they are similar size except has way more heart.

Josh A should just boycott every game not just pride jersey games he is the softest flog to ever Don our jersey he makes Chris Bailey look good.

Haumole - is a star when we are on top of lesser teams but gets dominated and goes missing against the big clubs and has since 2021. Brad Fittler you give this clown a blues jersey and it will be making a big big mistake.

Klema should pack up and go back to concord that miss that directly led to Edwards first of his 100 tries wouldn't even be accepted in park football. Dally M dud buy of the year.

Then there's Keppie who reminds me of the bird you meet at 1am at Melba's you buy her drink she rubs your leg and then at closing time she vanish. He has promised so much for a long time but has delievered sweet f all. His jersey grabbing in the first half was embrassing.

Penn's puppet Mestrov and the recruitment committee have one important task ahead and it's the only soultion.

They need to piss off some of this deadwood and find the cash to get JWH to manly for 1-2 seasons. He maybe in the twilight of his career but he could show these soft pricks how it's done and could play a similar role as Ben Kennedy did in 2005.

Something's gotta change im sick of seeing these pretenders let down a bloke like Jake who gives everything he has while these other imposters go MIA.
You recruit rejects from dogsht clubs , you get dogsht players.

Too many who drink their milk from a saucer.

I have been saying this for 3 years.

Jake is our star.

Haumole could be a star. He is a keeper.

Crocker gives a 100% every game, every team needs a player like him - maybe not at hooker.

The rest need moving on, some should of been got the chop after last year.

Maybe we could look at the Storm or Panthers instead of Tigers when recruiting.

"Society are cultivating Weak men that don’t possess the very qualities they should be known for.​

Men that are accepting of everything and stand for nothing , men that are malleable and easily compromise. Men that Fold and buckle under pressure and scrutiny.​

I don’t want my Son’s to be people pleasers; but please one ☝🏽 , to be victims and make excuses for weakness and failure. To be Strong and Virtuous.​

Unapologetically."​

Oh, the irony ...

Well Josh keep playing like you are and you will be sweet. You wont please anyone except the opposite you gronk. I wish he had of fought Gal. Gal would have smashed 50 shades of **** out of thise blouse

"Society are cultivating Weak men that don’t possess the very qualities they should be known for.​

Men that are accepting of everything and stand for nothing , men that are malleable and easily compromise. Men that Fold and buckle under pressure and scrutiny.​

I don’t want my Son’s to be people pleasers; but please one ☝🏽 , to be victims and make excuses for weakness and failure. To be Strong and Virtuous.​

Unapologetically."​

Oh, the irony ...

What a joke he is one of the biggest cats in the NRL along with Paseka.

The Roosters have cat issues too with surname of Butcher.

And we still have the worst 2 centres in the comp. WTF was Parker doing, what an embarrassment. Wonder kid Weekes, our new turnstyle. No mongrel whatsoever in our pack and no one in there that wouldscare anyone.

And we still have the worst 2 centres in the comp. WTF was Parker doing, what an embarrassment. Wonder kid Weekes, our new turnstyle. No mongrel whatsoever in our pack and no one in there that wouldscare anyone.
I've stuck up for Harper because he's a tryer but sadly he's isn't up to it defensively. As for parker I think he's cooked he's been a great clubman but it's time to move on from him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4