In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I always thought that DCE was 2v's favourite

If the halves don't get on with the coach how many other players don't like him? Matai? Snake?

They don't get on Tookey.Believe me.The new CEO and Penn getting sole ownership has gone a long way to help that and if they resign I reckon they would make it work but if anyone thinks that if they leave it will be tenable in 2015 is kidding themselves.

They don't get on Tookey.Believe me.The new CEO and Penn getting sole ownership has gone a long way to help that and if they resign I reckon they would make it work but if anyone thinks that if they leave it will be tenable in 2015 is kidding themselves.

And that would be your 2015 season done and dusted right there!!

This is why Toovey is (rumoured) under pressure his results are good but why is his relationship so bad with DCE and Foz? I can understand falling out with Watmough but the halves I just don't get.

How is everyone here going to feel if he does end up staying ??

Anyway, have to agree that the timing of this circus isn't the best. Could be just the way things have unfolded or it could be designed to place maximum pressure on the clubs as they scramble to balance salary caps for current and future signings. If you are the last piece of juicy fruit on the shelf then the very basic laws of supply and demand suggest you might get "overs". I just hope for all our sakes that tomorrow's season launch brings with it an announcement on both their futures one way or the other.

Believe you ? Who the fck do you think you are. Phil Rothfield ??? LOL

Yes our season is as over if they both leave. I think that damage has already been done by DCE's negotiations and if even one was to leave then I think our season will be a disaster as the brookie faithful are not very forgiving to disloyal players.

As we saw late last year of one of our halves is disinterested in paying then we won't win many games.

The Penns would be doing everything possible to retain them because they know that the club will be in dire straights if they leave and they won't risk us becoming another Titans as they would lose their investment just like the investors have with the Titans.

C and C I think we all wanted them to stay for obvious reasons but most people who love the club are very uncomfortable with all this. We definitely need to retain one. Both staying would be the best result (the caveat being that DCE would need to totally buy into the club) as the new CEO and Penn ownership has been by all accounts a breath of fresh air.

How would I feel? Happy for the club as a whole in a playing sense but with plenty of reservations about the culture of the club being effected by this DCE dutch auction.

Would be interested to hear peoples views on DCE/ Foran versus Foran/Tomololau + another top forward which may be possible. I probably lean toward the two halves but not by much.

Lolo isn't the messiah in my opinion and still needs a good ball player to get the best from him. He isn't a really dominant match winning forward with an all round game like SBurgess or SBW for example. He's a destructive runner, and maybe more a Choc style player but with better hands. Based on what I've seen anyway. So I'd take DCE/Foz anyday of the week over the Foz/[pick a good forward] combination (unless you are thinking about bring Artie back from beyond).

Bottom line is that whoever stays out of DCE and Foz needs to be invested. We saw the effect of disharmony at the end of last year and what it did to on field results.

yeah Im not totally sold on Tomololau either.Just mentioned him because we were linked to him.I remember seeing him play for the Cutters after being dropped by the cowboys a while back at Burleigh and he did not do a thing that day.No involvement at all.Makes me wonder about his temperament.I too favour the halves but if you gave me one of them plus Merrin and Guerra for example it would be a close call.

yeah Im not totally sold on Tomololau either.Just mentioned him because we were linked to him.I remember seeing him play for the Cutters after being dropped by the cowboys a while back at Burleigh and he did not do a thing that day.No involvement at all.Makes me wonder about his temperament.I too favour the halves but if you gave me one of them plus Merrin and Guerra for example it would be a close call.

It depends on what halves we are getting. The potential greats or the one's we had last year who for most of the back end of the season seemed disinterested at best.

Problem is 2015 though. I'm more and more concerned that this contract game being played is going to destroy our chances this year: even with the best back line in the game + the best halves pairing (allegedly) + a theoretically improved forward pack over 2014.

I don't want to watch such a strong squad limp into the lower half of the eight and get blown off the park in week one..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6